• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

keep arctic cooling vga silencer???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MagicMonkey

Registered
hey guys I am going to voltmod my radeon 9800pro the nf7-s lets me go up to 1.8v and I can run 445/391 with minimal artifacts. The question is how much more overclocking could I get with the VGA silencer (also 8 ramsinks, 4 on front 4 on back). Just a rough estimate of the core clock and mem clock I could get when my video card is at its highest voltage where my temps are decent. thx

I could have sworn raising the voltage would help ur results??? I am noobish at this stuff but then why would you want to voltmod a video card if increasing the volts doesnt change the performance??? how come I got less artifacts when I increased the voltage then??? wtf im confused

Well if ur increaseing the GPU's voltage or the RAM's voltage, you are helping your oc. But if ur just increasing the "AGP voltage" in ur nf7 bios, then you aren't doing anything helpful.

That is there incase your running a high fsb or running a higher agp frequency (66 is default)

If you voltmodded ur card, you would get better oc's. But if you are just changing the voltage in ur nf7's bios (agp voltage), then you won't see any better results and could harm ur card.

Here is a thread on this topic
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=350545

o man... I have had my agp voltage at 1.8 for about 2 days.. is that bad??? also how do i change the gpu voltage? thx

also should I flash to xt or just plain overclock

Last edited:
I'd just plain oc. UNLESS you have a r360 core.

But running at 1.8 for 2 days shouldn't be bad. If it still works, everything should be fine.

Let that be a lesson though. DO NOT change bios settings before knowing what they acually are.

Just keep the thing and don't fry your comp messing with settings unless you know thier purpose. :)

stickys are you friend read em. and do rearch b4 you play with things you know nothing about.

Back