• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

27" 2560x1440 Monitor Under $400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone know the pixel pitch on these?

Anyone see the image next to a Dell U2711?

I would totally jump on this if they where not 16:9 aspect ratio. My Addicition to 16:10 has been going on for more than a decade.

Same here, though these are tempting enough to almost sway me. I would jump on these if they were slightly different in 1 or 2 of the following ways. If it was 2560x1600 OR 23-24" instead of 27". If I could find monitors that fit both of those criteria id probably need a change of pants...

has any1 done any serious gaming with one of these yet? the specs show 6ms response time, wondering if that affects gaming at all.

Eyefinity doesn't seem to be as much my thing as I though it would be, I'd love to get one of these 27" monitors and 2nd smaller one, and just go back to a dual monitor setup. But I'd loose way to much money reselling my U2412M's :(

Whats the longest anyones had these? They obviously look like a heck of a deal for about $300 but I'm curious as to how they hold up long term. With a US warranty from say Dell this wouldn't be as much of a concern.

These have been around for only a couple months, but in a huge thread at OCN (listed here in this thread) there hasnt been any deaths outside of DOA's last I checked.

Best model or best seller?

From what I read earlier, I would pick the seller 'green sum'. They seem to double-box their monitors, resulting in less damage.

Well, from what I have been reading/heard the Q270 is the way to go. Just checking what the OCF consensus was.

I remember there was another one that people were starting to buy that had a different stand... Since I wall mounted mine, I didn't really pay attention.

While trying to find the name of the monitor I just mentioned, I stumbled across this thread. Supposedly, faster refresh rate? My reading comprehension is at a fail right now.

EDIT: Took two different Kill-A-Watt readings today: one was 0.33KWH over 5 hours (66 watts) and 0.54KHW over 9.75 hours (55 watts).

Last edited:
Thanks EarthDog, but I'd like one with 100hz refresh rate.

you'll have to wait for the custom built ones then. the 100hz was basically discontinued in February. consider everything march onwards not to have the same pcb as the older ones.
they did this b/c the older parts were more expensive. these days they use cheaper un-overclockable components.

also, the panel selections seem to be random. a few have gotten matte panels, but most get glossy ones. buyers have no control over what they get, its just random really

also, the panel selections seem to be random. a few have gotten matte panels, but most get glossy ones. buyers have no control over what they get, its just random really

Thats the price of working with foreign market gear. I play with lots of android gear that I import, and its always a mystery what the specs of the item in the box are gona be.

yes, but I think at this price people are more 'ok' with some inconsistencies. The main panel comes from LG, and LG only makes a few panels of this aspect ratio. So they are more or less equal, except with some variations.
also I should note that these are not A+ panels. They are either A or A-
but again, being so cheap, these are deemed acceptable compromises by most people buying them.

oh I also forgot to add, anyone considering getting the tempered glass version, might want to reconsider. From reading the posts in the other forum, most who bought those had issues. Mostly finding dust under the glass. It may or may not be an issue, if someone is ok with possibly having to take the enclosure apart to clean underneath. I think the glass is glued on, not attached with magnets like the apple display

Back