• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New OC...How's my Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_Jay_

Hey guys. I finally decided to OC my new CPU and Mobo. I jumped up to 4.3GHz now. I ran Prime95 for just over 30 mins with 0 errors and these were my temps. Do they look okay?

CPU-ZOC.jpg

What temp is that reading 128 C? That can't be good....LOL

What temp is that reading 128 C? That can't be good....LOL

asus boards do that. not a big deal at all. I promise it wasn't running at 0c either lol

58 at 30 minutes is HOT. That said, run it for 2 hours and make sure it stays under 70c.

I hate to be a negative nancy, but...

9nm0.png

add cpu-nb to 1.25-1.3. If it doesnt stay stable then go with multiplier.

for my 8320, im running 1.4 cpu volts, and 1.25 cpu-nb and under clocking the ram to 1480 mhz from natural 1600mhz @ 4.51 ghz

Last edited:
asus boards do that. not a big deal at all. I promise it wasn't running at 0c either lol

58 at 30 minutes is HOT. That said, run it for 2 hours and make sure it stays under 70c.

I hate to be a negative nancy, but...

9nm0.png

add cpu-nb to 1.25-1.3. If it doesnt stay stable then go with multiplier.

for my 8320, im running 1.4 cpu volts, and 1.25 cpu-nb and under clocking the ram to 1480 mhz from natural 1600mhz @ 4.51 ghz

Wow...I didn't even catch that lol! I changed the voltages to 1.4 on cpu and 1.3 on cpu-nb. I'll run P95 for 2 hrs tomm and report back.

Do you think that error could have been from my voltage being too low? What generally causes errors on Prime 95?

Last edited:
i run 8320 as well. if you use it for gaming or "every day" things, 2 hours of p95 is plenty. that voltage should be good.

You should use ultra LLC and make sure you have active cooling on the VRM heat sink. Also I wouldn't use bus speed to OC since it tends to cause more problems than results at least for me on this board. Go for something like 2400Mhz HT and NB, make sure you have LLC at ultra and phases at optimized, set cpu cabability at 130% and cpuNB 120%. For me cpuNB voltage makes very little difference so you might get a bit better temps running it @ 1.125-1.250. Set VDDA 2.5 and bump it up a little to see if it helps you achieve lower vcore.
Also I highly recommend the Asus AI suite for easy OC with multi and thermal radar to monitor your VRM temps. Once you find your settings with TurboV evo you can pretty much just set them in bios and youre good to go. Might need a tweak or two along the line.

EDIT: had some lag issues, sorry for 10x reply :D fixed it.

Last edited:
You should use ultra LLC and make sure you have active cooling on the VRM heat sink. Also I wouldn't use bus speed to OC since it tends to cause more problems than results at least for me on this board. Go for something like 2400Mhz HT and NB, make sure you have LLC at ultra and phases at optimized, set cpu cabability at 130% and cpuNB 120%. For me cpuNB voltage makes very little difference so you might get a bit better temps running it @ 1.125-1.250. Set VDDA 2.5 and bump it up a little to see if it helps you achieve lower vcore.
Also I highly recommend the Asus AI suite for easy OC with multi and thermal radar to monitor your VRM temps. Once you find your settings with TurboV evo you can pretty much just set them in bios and youre good to go. Might need a tweak or two along the line.

EDIT: had some lag issues, sorry for 10x reply :D fixed it.

All I used for OC was increasing the CPU multiplier to x20. Then set the CPU and CPU-NB to manual and set CPU Voltage to 1.4000 and the CPU-NB Voltage to 1.3000. I also set my 8GB of1600 RAM to DDR3-1728MHZ and manually set the timings to 9-9-9-24. Do I need to do anything else beyond that?

Sorry, I really don't know much about OC'ing as if you couldn't tell lol.

Back