• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World of Tanks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's true, without premium membership, it's pretty tough on the upper tiers. I decided to eat less at work for lunch/breakfast and use that money for the premium membership.

the game is designed that way so that in order to support your upper tier (7-9) tanks, you need to run mid tier (4-6) tanks to make credits. It keeps tanks there at mid-tier for people leveling up, and it also encourages people to try lower tiers of other nations so that they can get up to the mid-tier credit makers.

I agree, but it's tough when you are playing a Tier 5 medium and see this on the other side.

IS-3
IS-3
Lowe
Type 59
Type 59
Tiger
T-29
Panther
T-20

Then again, sometimes you are near the top and have a better chance.

Just got my T-43 last night. Like all tanks, stock is pretty underwhelming. Need to get some upgrades and see how it goes.

I admit to not upgrading to a tank till after i use free XP to completely research it out before buying it. Slower to do, but I never hafta deal with stock.

if anyone here messages me in game and i don't reply, please don't be offended. i usually don't even see i have a message for 10-15 minutes because i don't notice a small, slightly brighter box at the bottom of the screen.

That is a good strategy, but I'm kind of an impulsive buyer, so I see it there and want it. lol

The last tank i bought without pre-maxing it was my IS. I just bought it yesterday and had everything but the engine researched. Just got that researched today. Now the grind to the IS3.

I tried out the zoom out mod. OMG it's pretty sweet. Let's you zoom way out.. Allows you to see the guy on the other side of the building if you pan down and zoom out, so you know which way he is facing, etc. I didn't notice any more capability for arty though.

I admit to not upgrading to a tank till after i use free XP to completely research it out before buying it. Slower to do, but I never hafta deal with stock.
I do that sometimes. Especially in the lower teir tanks where a little xp goes a long way. But higher tier converting free xp can get expensive gold wise so I've been trying to just grind to get parts but it is tough.

if anyone here messages me in game and i don't reply, please don't be offended. i usually don't even see i have a message for 10-15 minutes because i don't notice a small, slightly brighter box at the bottom of the screen.
I know why you put this here! ;)

I'm enjoying my AMX50 100 too much. It is so easy to get 4-5 kills a game with it. When I run platoons with my brother and dad, I average 5 kills a match with it. Solo Pubs? average about 2-3 kills.

I'm enjoying my AMX50 100 too much. It is so easy to get 4-5 kills a game with it. When I run platoons with my brother and dad, I average 5 kills a match with it. Solo Pubs? average about 2-3 kills.

Those French lights and mediums are scheduled to be nerfed. They are too overpowered. Seriously.

Good mobility, a pretty good gun and insane fire rate.

They are far from OP. They have the lowest DPS in the game of their respective tiers. The reason they seem OP (and they aren't, try driving one), is the burst damage. They are the ultimate vulture tank.

As a owner of an AMX 90 and AMX 120 all I can say is that they're fun. Far from OP but if you catch a lone tank somewhere it's toasted.
The other side of the coin is if you're catch during reloading drum you're toasted. :D

Bottom line they are...different. Different playstile, different damage style, just different. :)

So, what do you guys think about the Artys. The SUs hit like a truck. I'm playing the German line though. Using the Grille right now and finally got a decent game. 4 kills. I'm not too good with SPGs but getting a bit better.

The Soviets have the shortest range in the game. Lots of arc (i can hit tanks behind hills and buildings the others that are german/soviet can't), and hits like a coked out rhino.

My SU-8 is driving me insane. about 10k from eliting it and unlocking the SU-14. (about 75k from eliting my KV and unlocking the S-51).

Back