• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big $M just will not leave it alone...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BokiOverclocker

OK here is article how $M will trace for the pirated versions of software.

LINK

this is getting stupid.
I hope some one will come up soon with some new OS since I'm about to be done with stupid Microsoft. I think they need to start working for US not against. Every time i read some article i feel like i get accused to be a thief, pirate, etc. can some one please give a $M slap in the face.

* sorry i worked all night and had very little sleep before that so my nerves are kinda sort of SHORT*

Thank you

From the looks of the article it only applies to pirated versions of Windows and other MS products that will be running the genuine advantage program.

It is going to stall alot of run of the mill pirates. Who really don't understand how them things work. The savvy ones will just step around this.

This will probably work well since most of the people I know that pirate windows are morons that don't even realize they are stealing.

Amarkarian said:
lol, one word man.
LINUX

If it was easy to use and allowed me to play games without having to pay a monthly fee, I would jump on it. Linux just isn't easy to learn.

Nowadays so many companies have gotten too damn cheap to even give an XP disk and stick people with an "all or nothing" recovery partition that wipes out all of thier files, reverts them back to outdated drivers, and forces them back to all the BS spyware they injected into it, if......that is that thier problem isn't a failed drive. In wich case they have just lost the OS with it. FORCING many folks that just blew thier cash on a drive to get a bootlegXP just to get the damn thing up and running again!!! NO CLASS!!! :bang head Sorry, got carried away also.

try PCLinuxOS. Very easy to learn and use.

Check it out in the Alternative operating systems section.

The ReactOS® project is dedicated to making Free Software available to everyone by providing a ground-up implementation of a Microsoft Windows® XP compatible operating system.

http://www.reactos.org/xhtml/en/index.html

Check the compatability list to see what runs on it :-
http://www.reactos.org/support/
The list is currently new so put some effort in to add your opinions to the compatibility list, try the OS and help develop this wonderfull alternative to XP

and OpenOffice.org which is a multiplatform and multilingual office suite and an open-source project. Compatible with all other major office suites

http://www.openoffice.org/

This solves both issues..

Discussing warez is forbidden, admitting to using it is just plain dumb, don't do it again.

nikhsub1
Forums Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Its nothing thats not going to be cracked in an hour after the release...

BTW, is there any kind of step up program with M$? If I buy XP now will I be able to upgrade to Vista with only a minimal charge or do I have to pay full price again?
Meaning that if I get XP now for a new machine (because M$ forces you to buy a new copy because of the hardware changes -OEM) and then if I want to upgrade to Vista I'll have to dump another 120$+?

dicecca112 said:
Like everything worth learning it takes time, if retarded old me, can run linux you can too
Not saying you're retarded, but amen.

I'm surprised that this is legal, actually, but here's a simple fact that CFOs and CTOs at Microsoft need to acknowledge:

As long as you charge obscene amounts of money for the product, someone will pirate it. Really, now. Would piracy be such a big problem if you charged about $40 a copy instead of $160? (No.)

Flip-Mode said:
Its nothing thats not going to be cracked in an hour after the release...

lol, it'll be cracked before vista is released. microsoft's programmers might be damned good, but the world's hackers are collectively better.

Captain Newbie said:
As long as you charge obscene amounts of money for the product, someone will pirate it. Really, now. Would piracy be such a big problem if you charged about $40 a copy instead of $160? (No.)

i agree in thinking that a lower price would help cut-down on the piracy problem, microsoft might even make more $$$ in the process...but no matter what price they charge there will always be a number of people who will steal the software anyways. i think some people are software thieves because they get jollies in the fact that they are able to get away with it.

even if it was priced at $40, that's forty dollars that could be spent on beer to drink while installing a pirated copy. :beer:

Piracy is something that software companies should accept, I think, and start innovating their way out of it. As long as you keep innovating, everyone will want to buy and not 'steal'.

Never mind fair use. If I buy a copy of XP or Vista, I should be able to use it on all the PCs in my house, for non-commercial purposes.

Back