• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

comcast doubles speed again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kurama

just call up your tech depo from the 1800 comcast,
tell them to reprovision your DOCSIS 3.0 modem with the new boot log

the50 megabit plan now is the 105 mb plan in most places
they never widely told people about that,
even half of the call center people dont know.

if you find someone telling you they have no idea about that or they start talking about the 25 to 50 they did last year, no
this new rollout started in march

i did not pay jack **** more than what i was already paying

and now since my surfboard 6121 has such a good connection i hit 120mb day in and day out

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3500323911

120.41 Mb/s 21.60 Mb/s 25 ms San Jose, CA

This will vary WIDELY by region. I heard of this and it did not work for a friend of mine... others should surely try!

(Will move out ovlf cyber deals when not mobile)...

This will vary WIDELY by region.

as far as i know this started in comcast central division and on the east usa where they have more fibre infrastructure already laid down

im in CA on the west coast farthest from the launch
you really just have to get lucky and get an operator in the tech depo,
sound off the
"re-provision modem" with the
new "105 bootlog" keyphrase

it took me 2 operators before they even tried
and it took a total of the 4th operator before it worked

the 4th operator had a technical level that he understood what i was talking about and seemed like a real chill dude,

but even he started off thinking i was talking about the speed upgrade of last year

once HE got up and talked to his supervisor, then the changes happened

hell, i might NOT even should be having this data rate plan,
BUT since we used those keywords and they are rolling it out on central and east coast,
they were able to locate that data set

We are on the east coast, we did get a tech depo rep that tried the first time and knew what he was doing. It did not work for him for whatever reason.

Still worth a try. ;)

It depends on the service specifically. I remember calling them when the thread popped on slickdeals 2 months ago and they said I needed to pay extra since it's only for customers with a minimum of a certain package I can't remember (I currently have 50mbps + digital economy tv)

From working at Comcast, I can tell you that there are several bootfiles for their 100/10 (as well as all other speeds that are offered)speeds. Not all of them will be compatible with your modem, so if the changes do not work after applying the bootfile and power cycling the modem, they can go in to their telephone provisioning tool (Its called BACC) to apply the individual bootfiles until the correct one is found. So, you can try telling an agent to do it through BACC (pronounced like back) if they are trained to provision a telephone line (to have access to BACC).

First attempt, after going into internet/tech support, I get sent back to the main menu. Do everything again, speak to a rep who I believe seemed clueless and thought I wanted to upgrade my Internet plan. I said NO! lol He sends me to advance support. Waited a few mins. Get busy signal Hangup.

Trying again. Here we go again. ROUND 2 Wish me luck. FML

Got sent back to the main menu AGAIN! I am guessing the system is overloaded being its almost 5 PM Central Time here.

I've memorized the dam call buttons.

Edit: I am being taken in circles. The "home and networking guy" which apparently is more advanced support from the first person I talked to couldn't figure it out. It sounds like they think I want to upgrade my line in the end paying more. SMH Going to "Tier" support. Hope these are the ones with the magic.

Comcast diaries to be continued.........

Comcast "Tier" department guy asked me to hold on and wait a min. The long silence ensues while being paranoid that he hung up on me. Him and their supervisor seem clueless to this news and believe its a "promotional" move on comcast. smh

I am a lover but not a fighter but when it deals with my epeen internet speedzzz I am Spartan! Molon Labe! lmao

Edit#2: Finally got the upgrade. Spoke to a IT guy who is in the Sales department that knows his stuff. Hitting 80 out of 105 during this time. Some would call it peak time. Will try speed testing during the midnight hours.

Last edited:
So before I call for my dad I want to understand this a little better. If you already have 50/25 you can upgrade to this? Or does the plan speed not matter since they started this bump in March? Also, I'm presuming this will work for a 6120 surfboard modem?

I just called in.. they said the speed bump is only for "Triple Play" customers. I only pay $35 / mo. not about to upgrade stuff i don't need just for faster speeds

I just called in.. they said the speed bump is only for "Triple Play" customers. I only pay $35 / mo. not about to upgrade stuff i don't need just for faster speeds

That's what they said for me when I called in a few months ago. I think they offered the 105mbps plan for $10 or $20 more per month too, but I declined.

Some folks were paying $10 extra a month for "Blast", like me. Well that $10 a month is disappearing as you'll get the 50 line w/out the extra charge this time around. If you chose to go with $10 continuously you than would get the 105 line. Hope that clears up any questions those might have.

Back