• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Cricket Wireless Scam !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

So after a couple weeks trying to take part in their promotional deal I figure its a straight scam !!

Their online purchasing has been in shambles for quite sometime.. I have connected to live chat several times and had no luck in proceeding with a purchase.

They offer a 50.00 dollar mail in rebate which makes the Nokia 520 free after rebate. Problem is they wont process your credit card transaction. They end up telling you to call the bank and have the transaction reversed which takes several days.

To top it off they tell you to come back tomorrow and try again. I have tried several times having my money withheld and no luck in an actual purchase. They recommended I visit a cricket store which I have visited 3 now and they all want to charge me an additional 25.00 activation. Why would online tell me to go and the issue would be resolved for same cost but once you get there its another 25.00 ??

SCAM !!

They don't have the stock or colors available which they say they do online .. let alone the push you to stores to get their activation fee which is null when you buy online !!

Why wont they then compensate ? Let alone why say the system is fine when they know you will fail ??

To make matters worse (which I'm trying to overlook) they have completely removed all tethering options ..even from their plans ..
*** EDIT *** Windows Phone Work Around - http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=748986

SUPER DISAPPOINTED IN CRICKET !! TRYING T-MOBILE WILL BE BETTER CHOICE

*** EDIT *** DIDNT JUMP SHIP ..BUT STILL DISAPPOINTED IN THEIR CS AND ONLINE BS

Last edited:
I keep trying to connect to chat and explain my situation and once I type it out they disconnect me from chat !! I will email all transcripts directly for proof .. but this is totally a lame game they are playing !! BBB needs to know about this !!!

Online stock is not what a store has on hand. People do that all the time to me at work and it pisses me off.

Aside from that you don't want crickets service or the Nokia lumia 520. It is crap service with a crap phone.

Even if it was working normal for you to buy one it's still a scam

I tried cricket for a hot minute a year or so ago. 4g data, unlimited talk and text, free(ish) phone... for 40 bucks a line? SIGN ME UP! Except service was horrendous, phones were awful, and in general was just an unpleasant experience. The music thing was really really good though.

Heart's in the right place, they are just doing it incorrectly.

Online stock is not what a store has on hand. People do that all the time to me at work and it pisses me off.

Aside from that you don't want crickets service or the Nokia lumia 520. It is crap service with a crap phone.

Even if it was working normal for you to buy one it's still a scam

The service I have here isnt that bad at all.. and I ended up getting a 520 & 630. The 520 is def a cheap phone but for a starter phone it isnt that bad.. my main complaint is battery.. the 630 is nicer phone for 50.00 .. I would recommend this phone actually as a good starter windows phone.

Cricket is AT&T (AIO/Cricket)..

Still pissed they wont fix online processing .. ended up getting a second phone and noticed that the store also tries to make you pay ESN service charge still <--- you do not need an ESN change for cricket .. just swap sim card and your good to go !!

Swapped mine into old phone and worked fine.. swapped mine into a different Android and worked fine ..

I tried cricket for a hot minute a year or so ago. 4g data, unlimited talk and text, free(ish) phone... for 40 bucks a line? SIGN ME UP! Except service was horrendous, phones were awful, and in general was just an unpleasant experience. The music thing was really really good though.

Heart's in the right place, they are just doing it incorrectly.

supposedly they merged and data service is better in majority of places .. either way its cheap and good enough .. it matches straight talks service too

Straight talk uses major carriers antenna's as well as cricket uses AIO and AT&T now ..

not all of cricket is att, there are a lot of CDMA sprint based cricket phones out there too.
judging from the way they do business I wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have deals with all the major carriers to use their towers since that seems to be the thing to do now.

cricket at a att company really wont show until the beginning of the year since their buyout by att

I was thinking about Cricket wireless for my mom and didn't go for it as they have no stores in NYC. Went instead with Consumer Wireless and not problems at all thus far :)

I will NOT go with T-Mobile if they were the last service on the planet! I had major issues with them in the past and my g/f is just sick of their BS, CS , bait and switch tactics, dropped calls and hidden fees, it's atrocious to say the least.

She's gotta wait til Sept when her contract is up to dump them.

Stay away from T-Mobile.

Back