• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I went broke... Cryptsy ate my funds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I should probably try another and I may look around a bit, its just hard for me to leave the volume at cryptsy. At the same time though, its no bueno having funds held for haly a day or days and not returned properly... About an hour after I got my coins back, dogecoin started tanking and its down about 20 satoshis since this morning. That's about 7% and its still going down.

Anyway, I think these types of issues are a testament to bitstamp and bitfinex in some way... Both have had big issues lately, and they've communicated clearly, taken ownership of the problems, and even gone above and beyond to make them right (Rafael at bitfinex was repaying people out of pocket for positions that didn't close when they should have due to a site error - basically the same thing I asked cryptsy to do, except it was a lot of people and a lot of money at bitfinex).

Unfortunately for alts, I kind of feel like one place is no better than another. At least Cryptsy is in the US, so that makes me feel better even if it isn't tangibly worth anything.

If you want speed, use Mcxnow.
If you want faster than craptsy (for some coins) and more alts than Mcxnow, use bter.

Just my input on other exchanges. :)

i took silver's advice earlier on mcx, i really like how it works, how fast and everything, overally im very happy, but its been 3-4 days only so i cant comment on reliability much.
its lacking security a bit and has a slightly suspicious track record (ive heard rumors, silver if im wrong correct me, i know uve used it before)
anyway, so do be careful, dont hold too much there, just in case

i took silver's advice earlier on mcx, i really like how it works, how fast and everything, overally im very happy, but its been 3-4 days only so i cant comment on reliability much.
its lacking security a bit and has a slightly suspicious track record (ive heard rumors, silver if im wrong correct me, i know uve used it before)

Everyone says "RealSolid is a snake, he's a crook, he's not to be trusted..."

I've had no such issue with the man or his exchange.

I don't hold much there, but that really goes for any exchange too.

Oh, btw: Mcxnow should be adding Doge soon ! :D

Ive used MCXnow for a while. I was really sad when it was closed for updates, but then closing a site to do upgrades is better than trying to patch up a live system and opening a pandoras box of security issues. As for security is concerned AFAIK its one of the few sites that has never been successfully hacked. They have had hack attempts in the past, but none successful.

Actually I hadnt noticed that they are open for business again. Ill have to go check on my accounts.

On another note, best of luck getting your funds back Matt!

Ive used MCXnow for a while. I was really sad when it was closed for updates, but then closing a site to do upgrades is better than trying to patch up a live system and opening a pandoras box of security issues. As for security is concerned AFAIK its one of the few sites that has never been successfully hacked. They have had hack attempts in the past, but none successful.

Actually I hadnt noticed that they are open for business again. Ill have to go check on my accounts.

On another note, best of luck getting your funds back Matt!

thats good to hear ! btw u buy any mcxfees ? ;) im so tempted by that, but i wonder how much they truly pay ?

thats good to hear ! btw u buy any mcxfees ? ;) im so tempted by that, but i wonder how much they truly pay ?

0.001 % of all daily fees for each McxFEE you own. ;)

Or it was 0.01%? Either way, that's the jist of them.

Whoever had McxFEE's when MAX showed up, made a lot off the trading those few days! :D

0.001 % of all daily fees for each McxFEE you own. ;)

Or it was 0.01%? Either way, that's the jist of them.

Whoever had McxFEE's when MAX showed up, made a lot off the trading those few days! :D

well ya, i meant some first hand info on how much that may be on any given sunday ;)

i was thinking before, bc when doge, if doge, shows, prices on them will jump

thats what i meant. grab a couple so that i have them when doge does show up.
should be lots of trading then!

thats what i meant. grab a couple so that i have them when doge does show up.
should be lots of trading then!

dude, even now, i took a look at all his markets and his overall volume is around 1000btc, mostly in max though
0,001% of that is 0.01btc .. a day thats not bad at all, am I right here ? if I am, this is a good investment, of course we have to trust RS ... another issue for me

edit: im up too late .. its 0.001% of 0.25% of 1000btc and comes out to a meager 0.000025btc ...

Last edited:
i actually have some btc headed there right now. gonna buy one, and see how that works out for me.

which i believe that it rolls in ever 6 hours

you believe correctly :)
lets not all jump on it now :p if u do buy, dont pay more than 0.241-0.243 not to drive the price up im still thinking here :D

I mean, how long does it last for, etc...

afaik, forever/or until RS decides to run :D

btw heres what worries me- there are more sales on mcx than buys .. why ? its a good deal, so why ? hmmm

Back