• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forceware 5.10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, the 5.10 is it. It looks like NVIDIA has orphaned their nf3 boards before they got to toddler hood. The combination of support from NVIDIA and MSI is to say the least, underwhelming. I have heard some folks say they prefer the MSI 5.03 drivers to the later ones on the NVIDIA site. I use the 5.10’s without any problems.

I use the 5.10's plus a different version of the SATA drivers that I got from rseven.
BTW where u get those? The MSI site?

MoPMatrix said:
I use the 5.10's plus a different version of the SATA drivers that I got from rseven.
BTW where u get those? The MSI site?
The Driver Fairy left them under my pillow in exchange for two bottles of Maker's Mark. :)
Seriously those drivers came with my mobo. As I recall those were the SATA RAID drivers.

Ive been using a beta release of them, I dont recall the exact version's, but I got them from softopia.com (sp?).. To me they work better and net a little higher results on some benching.

I have read at this forum (posted by Twohype) and some other forums that the nf4 6.66 drivers work on the Neo2. You just need to install the GART drivers from the 5.10's. I'm tempted, but there is an old saying about leaving well enough alone so I'm sticking with the 5.10.

rseven said:
I have read at this forum (posted by Twohype) and some other forums that the nf4 6.66 drivers work on the Neo2. You just need to install the GART drivers from the 5.10's. I'm tempted, but there is an old saying about leaving well enough alone so I'm sticking with the 5.10.

Keep me informed rseven...
Sounds like a good experiment

mattyhayden said:
Keep me informed rseven...
Sounds like a good experiment

Yep, the drivers (i.e., chipset v6.66. plus v4.40 GART) are working great for me :)

Okay, I did it. I got the 4.40 Gart driver by installing the 6.37 beta drivers located at guru.3d.com. When I rebooted I had no LAN connection. I pressed ahead and installed the 6.66 drivers. When I rebooted all was well. I did some benches with Sisoft Sandra before and after and did not really see any significant change. I have not really done a whole lot else yet. (I'm watching the ballgame instead) I'll report anything else I find in the days ahead. Thanks Twohype. :beer:

rseven said:
Okay, I did it. I got the 4.40 Gart driver by installing the 6.37 beta drivers located at guru.3d.com. When I rebooted I had no LAN connection. I pressed ahead and installed the 6.66 drivers. When I rebooted all was well. I did some benches with Sisoft Sandra before and after and did not really see any significant change. I have not really done a whole lot else yet. (I'm watching the ballgame instead) I'll report anything else I find in the days ahead. Thanks Twohype. :beer:

:) You are welcome :) , and let the stable OCing begin :)

Back