• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Official Battlefield 4 Thread - Report Performance & Experiences Here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Updated punk buster and there's a 600+MB patch that once you download it won't let you install it as it's being "paused" in the checking for updates. Saw some articles about it so I figured I would at least try. Should see this patch soon.

At the moment we know there is no commander for Ipads, etc and Server ques.

Edit: Correction. There is hardcore mode.

Edit#2: After a few restarts and updating Rivatuner, the patch downloaded automatically and installed. :clap:

Last edited:
Did not try it yet, but looking at the results, it seems the game is already quite well optimized.
Good job Dice!

System Specs
CPU: i7 4770k @ 3.9
MB: gigabyte G1 sniper 3
RAM: G.skill 16g 1600MHz
GPU(s): 2x gigabyte gtx 680 soc sli

Graphics Preset: ultra
Monitor(s) resolution: 2560 x 1440

Average FPS: 71

I found that in the campaign the AI's ARE ****ING RETARDED. I'm about halfway through my "hard mode" play through and most of my deaths have been combating the AI. they lock you in lookout towers by coming half way up the stairs and stopping, they will also walk past enemies without even looking leaving you to be shot in the back thinking it was clear. *rant over* I have found it plays smooth enough on my old PS3 (preordered it 6 months ago and didn't have a pc then)

I just beat it. and toward the end they seem to get slightly better but they're still stupid

System Specs
CPU: 4770k @ 4.0ghz
MB: ASRock Z87 OC Formula
RAM: 8GB G.Skill TridentX @ 2666Mhz
GPU(s): MSI R9 290X
MAP: Shanghei
Graphics Preset: High Preset
Monitor(s) resolution: 2560x1440

Average FPS: 100

Too bad the game is unplayable with the lag.

Last edited:
Wow 20 FPS with a 290X and that's with them working hand-in-hand with AMD during development.

I am still crashing like crazy. Today, it's crashing to a red screen (of death?) and rebooting...

Wow 20 FPS with a 290X and that's with them working hand-in-hand with AMD during development.

I am still crashing like crazy. Today, it's crashing to a red screen (of death?) and rebooting...

rebooting fixed the issue. no idea what was causing it. my GPU was pegged at near 100% usage even just sitting in Windows. Something must have been hogging it (I was folding earlier, but it was since turned off).

Game is unplayable right now due to server lag on every server I have gone to.

>ati
>drivers
sorry i couldn't help myself. so i guess the game is pretty good?

>ati
>drivers
sorry i couldn't help myself. so i guess the game is pretty good?

It's fine when playable. I started to get pretty pissed at the lack of even a second of spawn protection [instant death after a respawn].

I've lowered the Network Latency setting from 50% to 10%. I might even have it at 0%. I have a very fast fiber line so I would think those who have a slower line would need that setting. I think if I remember once I did that some of my lag went away.

Still get random BF4 crashes. Sob, some of those points were good too that went lost.

Apparently there is another new AMD driver (beta 8) will give it a try tomorrow.

Also will try the network smoothing setting. I have a 50mbit pipe so speeds shouldn't be an issue.

Man this is really frustrating. I really suck at BF4. I use to at least hold my own in BF3, but now I'm just dying all the time. Anyone else have this issue? Its like my style of play is absolutely useless now.

Guys, guys, guys. lol

I've updated all the software related to windows, graphics and patch etc. After reading on the EVGA forums that Rivatuner won't work with 64 bit software in general I figured 2 + 2 = 4. RIGHT? :shrug: I THAN realized I have been playing with the 64-bit version of BF4 the whole time. :facepalm: :eek: Found BF4 "regular" aka 32-bit and everything WORKS!!!!!!!! Haven't had a crash yet, (Crossfingers) and my FPS jumped 10+ FPS on ultra.

I finally got Shadowplay going. OMFG its AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I can post a few clips with the FPS counter shown in the corner.

So point is for those that are having issues and you have done everything possible, it IS possible you're using the BF4 64 exe instead of the regular one and should hold up till they mature the patches and drivers for it.

Man this is really frustrating. I really suck at BF4. I use to at least hold my own in BF3, but now I'm just dying all the time. Anyone else have this issue? Its like my style of play is absolutely useless now.

diaz - im playing bad too. I was pretty good on BF3 but now... its either I play to much COD or I need to just get better guns

Guys, guys, guys. lol

I've updated all the software related to windows, graphics and patch etc. After reading on the EVGA forums that Rivatuner won't work with 64 bit software in general I figured 2 + 2 = 4. RIGHT? :shrug: I THAN realized I have been playing with the 64-bit version of BF4 the whole time. :facepalm: :eek: Found BF4 "regular" aka 32-bit and everything WORKS!!!!!!!! Haven't had a crash yet, (Crossfingers) and my FPS jumped 10+ FPS on ultra.

I finally got Shadowplay going. OMFG its AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I can post a few clips with the FPS counter shown in the corner.

So point is for those that are having issues and you have done everything possible, it IS possible you're using the BF4 64 exe instead of the regular one and should hold up till they mature the patches and drivers for it.

So BF4 32bit runs better than 64bit? Figures, why don't they just stick to 32bit with LAA enabled like before?

Back