• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Brand of Laptop for Gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kristian221

I hear an awful lot about the ASUS Republic of Gamer series, but what would you guys recommend for some serious gaming in a laptop?

First comment of the thread ED linked to, Sager. Also commented was the MSI GE40 line, as well as the Lenovo Y510p line. I've tried the Asus RoG line, it developed audio problems withing a month or so, RMAd it 3 times and got it back in the same condition, so personally, I wouldn't recommend it, but that's just me. Other people may have better luck.

Exactly why I linked it, because the 2 in 1 idea was bunked off the bat and this same conversation with appropriate suggestions ensued. :)

Exactly why I linked it, because the 2 in 1 idea was bunked off the bat and this same conversation with appropriate suggestions ensued. :)

Ok you got me there, I concede sir :) So so far that would be a no to the ROG series?

I recently bought a Cyber power Fangbook HX-100 17" screen. Overall quality seems quite good; the case has a good, solid feel and the plastic doesn't feel flimsy. It's heavy, though. I went to Best Buy so I could pick up and feel how solid and sturdy a variety of laptops were and I can't complain about how the Fangbook feels in comparison. Performance is great for my purposes.

Falcon NW.

Also, the highest-end Lenovo Laptops will perform like beasts, and those things are so well-built it's hard to recommend anything else, personally. Love my little Lenovo 12" with the first-generation AMD Fusion.

Whatever I get I need it to last quite some time, since I don't plan on replacing it for a least another 5 years. Something with an Nvidia GPU (Because I am picky like that) and a new generation intel processor. I have a couple thousand to spend on it.

at the other end of the scale, an A8-5xxx or A10-5xxx notebook with a 1366x768 screen is a more than passable gaming laptop, 6000 series even better

I'd get the ROG, had one before the 73g I think, worked great, you're not gonna get a better laptop for the money.

Falcon NW.

Also, the highest-end Lenovo Laptops will perform like beasts, and those things are so well-built it's hard to recommend anything else, personally. Love my little Lenovo 12" with the first-generation AMD Fusion.

I got a lenovo y510p with 4700mq and nvidia sli gt 755m. Havent had a single driver issue with sli. Games run awesome at 1080p. Cooling is awesome because each gpu has its own fan and exhaust. 1 on the extreme left border and 1 on the right. AND the second gpu is removable with a single button press. It slots out and you can slot in a dvdrw. My fps are almost on par with a 770m but a few fps less yet so much more portable.. and it never really gets hot. Also amazing price and build quality. 860 usd using barnes and noble epp trick to order.

I am looking at 17" Sagers. They don't scream "GAMER!" and that's important to me. I really want a 17" this time around. My eyes aren't what they used to be...

I am looking at 17" Sagers. They don't scream "GAMER!" and that's important to me. I really want a 17" this time around. My eyes aren't what they used to be...

That was the brand I had on the tip of my tongue, but couldn't think of. They had a very good reputation a couple years ago for being excellent, affordable gaming laptops.

I still stand by my Lenovo recommendation, though, especially after usyed1's comments.

Back