• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new dual cores not as good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoKtEm

I keep hearing reports about recent batches of dual core conroe's not being as good as before, something to do with the good ones going to the quad's? Is this true? lets compile a list of all the recent E6600 and E6700 overclocks

dont taket his wrong but there is no need to compile a list. all the good cores are being picked to go into xeon/quad core line. since they need to keep the voltage and TDP down. this info has been a few news sites sorry IDRC which ones, but i read it atleast on 3 sites.

I know my e6600 took some serious volts just to get to 3.4GHz, so I'd say that sounds right. The VID of most recent C2D's seems to be much higher than the first few batches that everyone here was slobbering over ;)

:cool:

Like 1.45 and more IIRC. I prefer to stay at or below 1.40 for 24/7 operation on quiet air cooling. But I could not get past 3.4GHz even right below 1.5V and scorching temps with an Ultra-120.

:cool:

Around what week should does it stop looking so great? around 39 or so?

NoKtEm said:
Around what week should does it stop looking so great? around 39 or so?
after week 30 is when they stopped ocing like a dream.

never selling my e66. 3.6-3.7stable 24hours orthos at 1.38vcore

i can even run 3.6 at 1.225 but i like the added securty. my stock vcore is 1.225v btw:)

Don't be afraid, they're just a little hungrier due to the better more strenuous training they receive before shipping out. Big boys need more food! :p

But seriously, there shouldn't be that big of a problem if you have the cooling to tame the higher vcores.

xtreme_ego said:
never selling my e66. 3.6-3.7stable 24hours orthos at 1.38vcore

i can even run 3.6 at 1.225 but i like the added securty. my stock vcore is 1.225v btw:)

How much? :drool:

As a comparison, I can hit 3.4ghz at 1.32 volts. (Or was it 1.35? Whatever DS3 setting comes right after 1.3.)

on the cpu you see some the say SLxxx,below that line is the fpo/batch numbers. what does the cpu have listed on it?

The theory about low voltage cores going to QCs makes little sense.
Default voltage for Kentsfield is 1.372V, it's higher than that of Conroe (1.325V).

largon said:
The theory about low voltage cores going to QCs makes little sense.
Default voltage for Kentsfield is 1.372V, it's higher than that of Conroe (1.325V).
no that is false... conroe cores have come out with a vid as low as 1.25v if you have looked a while back here they were few in the retail. majority of those went to xeon line. when you read the fpo/batch number , my connie is L624A, now a lower vid cpu would be L624B for instance. intel wants to keep the TPD of QC's down as much as possible. why then would it not make sense that the cherry cores are going into quads? you say the defualt volts for QC's is 1.372v. just how many Coretemp screenies are there that show they are all 1.372v, i wouldnt be suprised if there are some at 1.325 or even lower. you can dismiss this theroy but its one that makes the most sense with what info we have.

Back