• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the difference between the SENNHEISER PC 150 and the PC160?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I *think* the 160's are USB and the 150's have regular connectors. I know that the 150's are not USB because I have a pair.

From looking at thier spec sheets on Sennheiser's website, the only difference I can see is their frequency range and impedence. Whether or not those differences justify the price difference, I couldn't tell you.

Correct, the PC 150s have 2 connectors, one for mic and one for sound, the 160s are usb.

there is ZERO sound difference between the two, I own a pair of 150s and they're superb, maybe a little tight, but i blame my head.

Ok, thanks I ordered the PC150's. How come moist of these head phones have usb? are there any advantages to that?

Actually I've read alot of complaints about the usb sets. It may or may not be isolated to certain brands/models, but I'ld expect not. The main complaints I've seen are general crackling, and actually being able to "hear" keystrokes and mouse movements. Sometimes the problems are solved when switching to a different usb slot, sometime that doesn't help. It's just one of those ymmv situations.

I'm far from a computer expert, and even farther from being an audio expert, but it would seem to me usb sound quality could never approach the quality of direct connections to a sound card. There's just far too much room for interferance. I may be way off base though, it has happened a time or two in my life.:)

my laptops regular mic input feds back into the sound output. you can hear the hard drive, keystrokes, any noises in the room, the fans in the machine... its /really/ wierd. just had to throw that out, not that i see how it could be related to those issues. (my sound is obviously analog- ac97 iirc)

XxNightfirexX said:
Actually I've read alot of complaints about the usb sets. It may or may not be isolated to certain brands/models, but I'ld expect not. The main complaints I've seen are general crackling, and actually being able to "hear" keystrokes and mouse movements. Sometimes the problems are solved when switching to a different usb slot, sometime that doesn't help. It's just one of those ymmv situations.

I'm far from a computer expert, and even farther from being an audio expert, but it would seem to me usb sound quality could never approach the quality of direct connections to a sound card. There's just far too much room for interferance. I may be way off base though, it has happened a time or two in my life.:)

I tried two different USB headphones and ran into that crackling problem, games stuttered too. Maybe its a motherboard issue, but I got a solid asus board. Never did find out what was going on. Went back to analog.

Back