• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best processor for overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DrSpanky said:
whats the url of that site im looking for a faster p2 for my little sis

Well it´s www.tradera.se but the sellers are regular persons. But some of them might send packages to the UK..

Yep, ill need to find a mobo that can give out a high voltage. I might have to voltmod it also..

I've had 2 Celeron 300A CPUs... still have an extra one laying around too. They are overclocking classics... but for percentage overclock, the Celeron 266 is a better bet. I've seen them go 133 FSB or 533 MHz before with pelts. That's a 100% overclock boys. The are the same core as the 300A, but have no cache, so they overclock like crazy. Try to find a Celly 266, that's your best bet. Good luck!

You could get a 100% overclock with a Tbred XP1700 with extreme cooling (there is one over at vr-zone using Prometeia overclocked to 3.1GHz thats a 110% overclock). Though logically anything starting from a lower base has more chance of achieving a greater percentage overclock - therefore any processor at the bottom end of a range potentially has the greatest chance.

Back