• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sure EC3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Roboto

Well, my dad works for GM, and he is given a rewards program where he gets points to spend on things at a rewards site. Very recently, a Pair of Sure EC3's have poped up there, and he said I could get them. But, before I do, will I be happy with them? I've never actually owned a pair of in-ear headphones, and I know that the EC3s are a nice set. But how does their sound compare to an over the ear headphone, since they are an in-ear set? I just have doubts that a tiny little speaker can sound as good as everyone says. Is the bass decent?

Anyways, thought i'd see what you guys have to say about them, any input is welcome.

Also, the site doesn't say that they're EC3's, but they cost 200 points, which usually means the msrp is 200 bucks, which is the case for the EC3s. The site simply says "Shure Sound Isolating Earphone" and has this picture:

85021.jpg

I'm fairly certain those are the EC3s, but if someone thinks their something else from the pic, please let me know.

EDIT...and i just realized its spelled E3C, not EC3, oh well.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, most people on Head-fi suggest skipping the e3s because they are not worth the extra money of the E2s. That being said they are still pretty good.

Well, noone really has much info to offer I guess. I'm just going to get them. Can't go wrong for free I suppose.

I have them and they are an excellent portable solution. For an IEM they are considered not the best, but not the worst either. They are however far greater than stock ipod earbuds and earphones you would normally find in big retail stores like BestBuy.

since they're free, go for it, but if they weren't free, i'd suggest the E2C's or Ety ER6's.

I think you'll find that they lack a little bass compared to closed cans, but they're so clear, it doesn't much matter. Enjoy your new IEMs.

Back