• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sins of Solar Empire Online players still there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I just learned of Sins of Solar Empire. I must live under a rock, as I don't recall this at all. It came out 2 years ago.

ANYWAY, does anyone know if their servers are still populated with plenty of people?

Thanks in advance.

I'd heard of it, but never bought until now with the $3.99 sale. I'm still playing the tutorials (game seems more involved than other RTS I've played), but once I finish them, I'll be attempting multiplayer :)

I still play it but mostly on single player. There's never been a very large online following as most games take several hours (or more) to complete. What is nice thought is that if you are playing with a buddy you can save multiplayer games and finish them another time.

I have a game going now for almost a month 4v4 free for all, sadly I never find time to play as there are too many other games out that steal my attention.

I've mainly played SP or if I play MP its with friends so we can save and come back to it. Since if the game crashes on us, we can easily transfer some save files back and forth to make sure we have the lastest and greatest.

its a cool game game, i played for a few weeks but not in multilayer.
Speak about rocks, i never new the sequel was released until a year after.

I played Multi once, but a lot in the single player, that game made u feel like you were playiing chess against another person.The AI is brilliant.

I have an idea for a somewhat silly OCF mod for the game, now that I'm messing around with the Forge tools.

Thanks guys..I just bought it for 3.99 too. It is definitely very involved in terms of research trees. But I like the idea of being in space for a change..instead of being on land. Plus it's nice to do an RTS with a global perspective, instead of small squad based fights.

Yeah it is ...I'm having problems maintaining ehough logistics slots open so I can build more..I better read the manual haha

Its an amazing game and a lot of people have been telling me the multiplayer is really good and not as long as people think.

I love the single player and i am going to try online.

For $4 it was a steal.

Its an amazing game and a lot of people have been telling me the multiplayer is really good and not as long as people think.

I love the single player and i am going to try online.

For $4 it was a steal.

I totally agree..best four dollars I have ever spent for entertainment.

The best part of the game was the multiplayer. A friend and I would play epic battles and save to come back later for more epic'ness. W/ out anyone to play w/....my game collects dust. I'd have loved it if they had a good single player campaign like HOMEWORLD...now that was a frigging amazing game!

SoSE never got the attention it deserved but as others have stated, if you do an MP game with multiple star systems you're looking at days if not weeks to complete.

The only gripe I had with the game was the lack of variety, all the armies seemed to have the same units except the battleships (Maybe the Expansions fixed this? I never bought them)

Back