• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This a good deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarrenP

I can get two LGA 775 Kentsfield 2.4Ghz core 2 quad Q6600 for about 25 bucks each, is that a good deal? i know they overclock like champs for their day and age, but is that a good deal?

edit: this would be for my very first benching...

thats a good deal, but they dont overclock like champs compared to the newer c2q's they were just very common.

You could get an e8500 to about 4.5 on air back then too :)

Makes me think of holding on to it and my p5q to do some good benching

I'd say good deal though too

$25 is a good deal for sure. Q6600s don't typically OC to 4.0GHz for 24/7 use, a good 24/7 OC for those CPUs is around 3.6GHz, which is a 50% OC.

The Wolfdale and Yorkfield CPUs combined with a P45 chipset will OC much better.

Depends what you are looking to do to them. For that price depending on the board you have, get one and beat the snot out of it. If it lives after, great. If not, it died a glorious death. Either way, you win and learn.

Well i want to learn how to overclock, and i could probably get a good motherboard thrown into the deal for about 25 bucks that comes with a CPU and Heatsink, although i'll end up doing some other cooling on it.. so i might buy that when i get the funds, he said he'd hold onto all the stuff i was looking at and i could take when i wanted it.. for free he said...

Back