• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Pump is Better

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

predator500

MCP355 OR MCP655 I will be changing the top on the MCP355 to one with 1/2 barb here are the spec for what im using the pump for.
APOGEE-XT
MCW30 Universal Chipset Water-block
77 Bonny Rad
I have a D4 pump but it seems like it just isnt enough Please help
Also was thinking of the MCP350 and doing the volt modd

better is quite subjective, here are the specs on each, according to performance-pcs, the numbers you should be looking at are flow, head, and noise.

MCP655
Code:
Technical specifications:

Nominal voltage	12 V DC
Operating voltage range	8 to 24 VDC
Nominal power (@ 12 V)	24 W
Nominal current (@ 12 V)	2 amps
Motor type	Brushless, microprocessor controlled
Maximum head	10 ft (3.1 m)
Maximum discharge	~ 317 GPH (1200 LPH)
Connection size	½" barbs
Maximum pressure	50 PSI (3.5 BAR)
Temperature range	32 °F to 140°F (0 °C to 60 °C)
Electrical connector	Molex 4 pin
Weight	1.4 LB (650 gr.)
Impeller Housing material	Noryl®

MCP355
Code:
Technical specifications

Nominal voltage	12 V DC
Operating voltage range	8 to 13.2 VDC
Minimum starting Voltage	9 VDC
Nominal power (@ 12 V)	18 W
Nominal current (@ 12 V)	1.46 amps
Nominal head (@ 12 V)	20.2 ft (6.1 m)
Nominal discharge (@ 12 V)	~ 120 GPH (454 LPH)
Connection size	3/8" barbs (10mm)
Maximum pressure	22 PSI (1.5 BAR)
Temperature range	Up to 140°F (60°C)
Electrical connector	Molex 4 pin
Weight	7.3 oz (207 gr.)
Our noise measurement (non lab environment)	30 ~ 32 dBA in a quiet room @ 2'
Motor type	Electronically commutated, brushless DC, spherical motor
Pump MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)	50,000 Hours
RPM Sensor	3 pin connector

D4 - Couldn't find good specs, but someone probably can...

What pump would you recommend aslo if i get the MCP355 here is the top i was looking at for it Laing DDC-1T/1TPlus MCP-350/355 Acrylic Replacement Pump Top

I have a related question: What is the most reliable pump?

I don't need a lot of flow, and noise isn't an issue since you can make a noisy one quiet.

What pump would you recommend aslo if i get the MCP355 here is the top i was looking at for it Laing DDC-1T/1TPlus MCP-350/355 Acrylic Replacement Pump Top

Depends, the 355 is better for higher restriction loops, and the 655 is better for lower restriction

I have a related question: What is the most reliable pump?

I don't need a lot of flow, and noise isn't an issue since you can make a noisy one quiet.

sorry, can't help you, might wanna start your own thread and see if someone else can

That D4 pump you already have is perfectly capable of running that loop efficiently. It's output is more than a MCP655-B; somewhere between the "4" and "5" setting on the MCP655 Vario. I am running a D4 on a cpu only loop with an GTZ wb with a Swiftech MCR220 Res rad. And I also have an MCW30, so I know it won't add much more restriction to the loop over what the XT gives you. What are you trying to cool with the loop? You could possibly need more radiator.

That D4 pump you already have is perfectly capable of running that loop efficiently. It's output is more than a MCP655-B; somewhere between the "4" and "5" setting on the MCP655 Vario. I am running a D4 on a cpu only loop with an GTZ wb with a Swiftech MCR220 Res rad. And I also have an MCW30, so I know it won't add much more restriction to the loop over what the XT gives you. What are you trying to cool with the loop? You could possibly need more radiator.

Im cooling Q9550 (OC'ED 4.33)
The reason im asking about the pump is the with the new water block (the XT )
the water is going in strong but it is not coming out strong almost like the is not enough head presure to push the water in and out of the block

either one will serve more then what your asking. go with which ever one you like and will fit your case better.

if you go with the 355 then get a EK Xtop - rev2 or the XSPC Res top. but only if you don't have a top currently. if you have one the small performance increase wouldn't be worth it IMO.

either one will serve more then what your asking. go with which ever one you like and will fit your case better.

if you go with the 355 then get a EK Xtop - rev2 or the XSPC Res top. but only if you don't have a top currently. if you have one the small performance increase wouldn't be worth it IMO.

The case im using is a cool master Haf 932 and i have the XSPC top for the 350 i bought them both at micro center yesterday i also have the old D4 pump.The mcp350 pump i got has the Blue impler but a different PCB so i dont know if i can modd it with the solder mod

i dont think i can mod this pump i got the pic from XS i have not found any info about this PCB

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 312
mine has a blue impeller but the Pcb is just like the pic

that's what you want. you solder the empty spot with the yellow wire to get a 18w version.

or you can solder in a switch so you can change your pump speed on the fly. (eg low speed for bleeding and high for everyday) or how ever you would want to run it.

that's what you want. you solder the empty spot with the yellow wire to get a 18w version.

or you can solder in a switch so you can change your pump speed on the fly. (eg low speed for bleeding and high for everyday) or how ever you would want to run it.

Ok so if i want to put a Switch do i use like a toggle switch

That one doesn't look like it can be modded, blue impeller doesn't guarantee that it can be modded anymore.There are now several revisions, and Laing now uses programmed PWM controller, newer pumps cannot be modded.

here is a pic of the pump with the top

Attachments

• pump2.png
    pump2.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 201
here are some more pic's of the loop

Attachments

• hose light.png
    hose light.png
    128 KB · Views: 200
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 198
those have a lot of white space and are messing up the display, any way you could be convinced to get rid of all the whitespace?

those have a lot of white space and are messing up the display, any way you could be convinced to get rid of all the whitespace?

+1!

edit them via paint to get rid of the white.

and yes a toggle on-off switch is what you want should you go that route.

Back