• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile Barton weeks, steppings, and results!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JUST CURIOUS IF THE 3gHZ WAS CONVERTED TO THE amd SPEED RATING WHAT WOULD IT BE ? 4200+ ? lol

They're out again. Not surprised really. I'm on the list. Just wondering if they'll actually be in stock anytime soon. Anybody know anywhere else to find these beasts?

Edit: DID find one place that sells them. $105 + shipping though. :-/ No word on the stepping. I might try calling to ask.

Last edited:
I didn't even use the main portion of the program with my mobile codes; I was just using it for the thermal calc/PR calculator. It did work with the standard Barton I had, but the info supplied was negligible anyway.

Same here, im getting a new mobo righ tnow.. Im probably gonna get a HSF before i do any major ocing.. I dont wanna fry my 3rd mobo in 6 months

Well im gona try to hold back considering I just got the 2800 Barton and also have a 2400 Tbred sitting on my desk..lol

Well, I'm still running a 2100+ that seems well and goodly cooked. I can no longer overclock as far as I once did. Had it stable at nearly 2300 MHz at one point, now I'm down around a touch below 2100 MHz. :-( Actually, I think part of it is this latest BIOS for my NF7-S. It doesn't seem to overclock as well as it got unstable at the prior speed.

Incidentally, just got an auto notify that they're in stock. Got 97.91 in my checking account, they're $98. Oh yeah, and of COURSE I live in one of the THREE states that they add sales tax. Figures. Half tempted to ship it to my grandparents, but by the time I pay $20 in gas to drive up there and get it (about 250 mile round trip), it's just not worth it. Mind you, I borrowed some money from a coworker to have enough to cover the tax. Deposited it and wouldn't you know, they won't give it to me until tomorrow. So that's a waste. Oh, did i mention that I deposited almost $4000 earlier today?

Didn't want to lose it, finally just placed an order using prepaid check. Will just have to hope that I can convince them to change the payment from that to a credit card tomorrow. Otherwise I'll be overnighting a money order to them.

*sigh* so much for upgrading this weekend. Looks like it will be NEXT weekend now before I can do it. :-(

edit: Maybe I should use this weekend to lap my northbridge and maybe put some cooling on the southbridge. It doesn't seem to like high bus speeds very well and my 8RDA+ was the same way before I did it.

Last edited:
Should be getting mine in tomorrow morning..will update with stepping codes and max OC on air. I would be very pleased if I could get 2.5GHz on this. It's getting quite expensive OCing Intel chips right now and I need a rig for my kid anyways.

AXMH 2500 FQQ4C K028535A40095 IQYA0343MPMW

I still havent reseated it to make sure its connecting good. Im hoping for 3-3.2ghz since im no where near what temps i should be. (to much seal string not letting the sink sit down) :x

Dat would be hella nice if you get that cow, since my almost identical system should be up by this weekend. I have my homebrew prommy up and running finally and am experimenting with different levels of coolant until my mobiles show up thurs.

Newegg has 2600xp-m's listed for 105 now. I wonder how those will oc, anybody try one yet or will I have to be the guinea pig?

Newegg just posted them and every time I go back to the page it appears and disappears. They keep changing the description, so I am not crazy if you look but can't find.
Newegg

I was on AMD's site and they have also released a 2800XP-M. Can anybody say 3GHZ candidate!! :eek: DROOL DROOL!

Last edited:
{PMS} Fishy, I'll take you up on that 3GHz screenie race when my chip arrives (If someone, like *YOU*, ;) doesn't do it first) :D

craneage2001 - thanks for putting that program up - a *very* useful little tool (one I'll be using a lot ;)).

Newegg has 2600xp-m's listed for 105 now. I wonder how those will oc, anybody try one yet or will I have to be the guinea pig?

Newegg just posted them and every time I go back to the page it appears and disappears. They keep changing the description, so I am not crazy if you look but can't find.
Newegg

I was on AMD's site and they have also released a 2800XP-M. Can anybody say 3GHZ candidate!! DROOL DROOL!

The thing is, processors with higher stock speeds don't neccessarily overclock higher. Desktop Barton 2600+, and desktop Barton 2500+ chips perform roughly the same, and I suspect that it would hold true to M2500+, and M2600+ chips as well - unless the M2600+, and up, use the same really low Vcore as the M2500+. If that was the case, we would have a processor with a higher stock speed, using the same really low Vcore, and suposedly still running stably.

Which brings me to a question - has anyone checked to see if their chip does 1.83 GHz Prime95 P10 stably with a 1.45V Vcore (the chip's stock specifications, as according to the stepping)?

Here is a breakdown of the meaning of the "specification stepping" these chips all share:

FQQ4C

F = OPGA Packaging type
Q = 1.45V nominal (stock) Vcore voltage
Q = 100C maximum recomended processor-die temperature
4 = 512 K of Cache
C = 266 MHz nominal (stock) FSB speed

This also means that newegg's description, where they say the chip uses a 1.25 stock Vcore, is incorrect. The "specification stepping" seems to say that the chip uses a 1.45 stock Vcore, and has a default FSB of 133 (266 DDR) - which is weird for a Barton.

Long story short: these chips are interesting :p :)

Last edited:
Back