• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's 2400+ (35W) Mobile Review / OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CPU burn dosnt matter....any program that stress a CPU reguardless of errors works fine.

What I do is take my CPU to its OCed / desired speed and use the least amount of voltage required for it to not instantly fail or re-boot.

From there I burn it in for hours

Sounds like a lot of sitting there at the computer and hitting "options -> torture test" over and over. :) Do you use the Large FFTs test to burn in, since it produces the max heat?

I suppose I'd have to use another stress test other than Prime95 for long-term burns overnight, since having it fail quickly wouldn't do much good. Or do you set your CPU to something safely stable for the long burns?

PerlAddict said:
Sounds like a lot of sitting there at the computer and hitting "options -> torture test" over and over. :) Do you use the Large FFTs test to burn in, since it produces the max heat?

I suppose I'd have to use another stress test other than Prime95 for long-term burns overnight, since having it fail quickly wouldn't do much good. Or do you set your CPU to something safely stable for the long burns?

SiSandra is a good choice. And yes Large FFTs work well when trying to stabilizing a CPU

Sen, wanted to ask you, is that a standard heat sink on the northbridge or something else?

nope, same heatsink on newer m/b's, different sticker though. this one looks like vid card cooler...

mcoleg said:
nope, same heatsink on newer m/b's, different sticker though. this one looks like vid card cooler...

You guessed it ... Linky: http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=308930&pfp=SEARCH

4fc51fab-cbb8-4bd1-94a8-20720fd6c74b.gif

It looked perty so I bought it. I think it makes my PC looks like an IC7:cool:

pershoot said:
u all stable now sen?

Not quite bro... Im gonna re-do my chipset mod. However 248 is nice and stable

Last edited:
PerlAddict said:
The chipset mod being your heatsinks on the mofsets, or the NB heatsink?

I used an old socket7 / ???? cooler for my mofsets. It was one huge chunk but I cut it with a hack saw into one long bar and 3 small pieces.

I dont know what it was .... but it sure as hell didnt resemble *any* HSF Ive ever seen.

I got it from some rink-a-dink PC shops for like $10... came with a 60mm fan too :beer:

pershoot said:
i cant wait to juice a mobile 64bit. by next year.. (evil grins, haha).

Hell ya!.... although Im looking forward to Intel's Conroe. Thats gonna be good fun.

________

As a whole...Im quite satisified by my mobile. If you can get one I would. It is a welcome edition to my rig

Sen, noticed you use 3-4-4-10 for timing. why not 3-4-4-11 if you don't mind my asking?

and i have another question concerning burn-in. when stressing cpu, especially with arithmetic benchmarks like in sandra, mouse pointer is hard to move, it gets all jerky... is it normal?

i am not really used to current amd cpus, you see, last amd rig i built was many moons ago :p and on pentiums it's not as pronaunced.

Last edited:
mcoleg said:
Sen, noticed you use 3-4-4-10 for timing. why not 3-4-4-11 if you don't mind my asking?

and i have another question concerning burn-in. when stressing cpu, especially with arithmetic benchmarks like in sandra, mouse pointer is hard to move, it gets all jerky... is it normal?

i am not really used to current amd cpus, you see, last amd rig i built was many moons ago :p and on pentiums it's not as pronaunced.

Ah! That *is* a very good question. You see I have found a loophole.

There is a bug in the NF7 that allows for higher peak bandwith with PC4000 that no one knows about:cool: .

You see...using "Auto" RAM timings provides the same if not better bandwith than 2.5-3-4-11. Not only this but it OCs *much* MUCH better, as if it were using 3-4-4-11, but dosnt sacrifice *any* bandwith in the process.

"Auto" uses 3-4-4-10, thus that is what is listed in my signature.

I really appreciate the comments pplz.... I honestally hope that my results have helped someone here today. That is all that truly matters.
________

Beerhunter.... I love that W/C setup you have. I wish I had the effort and $$$ to W/C. Unfortunatly Im stuck with Thermalrights for now.

mcoleg what you are experiencing with Si-sandra is normal. When a CPU is tasked heavily things get really jerky. Thats totally normal.

I hope your OCing is going well. If you want some more info I would be glad to share it with you

Woa..... quick update. My mobo seems to have altzhimers. This is the forth time I couldnt get it to POST.

After a dozen or so clearing of CMOS and shes back up again. Im gonna order a backup chip pronto :eek:

:confused:

Well whatever happened..... did something to my NF7. Im back to using 1.4VDD stable again.. but now its at 250:confused:

Ive *NEVER* seen 250 run for more than a minute. Now it primed till 12 minutes.

Well atleast Im making progress now:beer:

Back