• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATTN NF7 users....a new era has begun!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh, fabulous. Right when I get myself a DFI Infinity, they go and do this nonsense. Sigh...oh well. At least I still have higher vDIMM and VDD options.

Wow sens. I've been following your progress for a while. You did start with a crazy stock board that did what? 246FSB? But if this new bios can make boards do at least 250, I'll give it a try when I get back from school.

You might wanna link the bios in this thread for the lazier ppl.

wannaoc said:
I take it this is the one?

(trats d24) Linky

I grabbed it from one of the many many posts with links in that thread.

Not when I have VMODS! AHAHAHA :D

Yea thats the right one.... I have 257 stable ATM. Moleg has 260 stable:cool:
________

Tebore said:
Wow sens. I've been following your progress for a while. You did start with a crazy stock board that did what? 246FSB? But if this new bios can make boards do at least 250, I'll give it a try when I get back from school.

You might wanna link the bios in this thread for the lazier ppl.

Yes this is the same mobo.. now voltmodded:cool:

im confused that thread is so long. so theres a new bios that lets you get your NF7 really high fsb?
since this thread is here someone pls summarize. thanks alot!

Nico3k said:
im confused that thread is so long. so theres a new bios that lets you get your NF7 really high fsb?
since this thread is here someone pls summarize. thanks alot!

pershoot said:
this should solve your FSB woes Sen:
(trats d24) http://abducted.henslfuk.nl/files/bios/d24_4227_edc18.bin.zip

Includes:
Command Per Clock: Disabled patch ->
Similar registers as DFI's CPC Off. The gang at pc perspective are workin' it out so it works the same as DFI's CPC effectively:)

200MHZ chipset timing is used, regardless of the CPU, or L12 forced FSB.

DFI Infinity table (12/18?)

Nvidia BPL 3.19 (newest)

-------------------

Observations:

Needed to clear CMOS for 5-10 minutes after flashing. It appeared to have worked better (i was coming from d22 BK A1).

Able to now POST, boot and run windows successfully from 1.4v to 1.7v chipset voltage.

No more freezing at high FSB.

Able to now reach memory's limit (15-20 min. prime PASS) up to and including multiplier 11.5x (CPU probably maxed out.. didnt want to give past 1.9 or so on air (summer; temps were gettin up there past that, ha)..

Able to POST, boot and run windows successfully past memory's limit (1-2 min. prime failed).

CPU Interface must stay enabled at high FSB (no POST if Disabled).

Sandra: Trivial loss in throughput (~3-5mb/s Memory Int. Buffered & ~10mb/s Float Buffered; ~15-20 Dhrystone CPU Arithmetic) in comparison to prior d22 bios.

Temperature: Definitely Mis Aligned (defiitely a D24 Abit issue). Off by ~3-4c or so at times, and other times it is dead on accurate (compared to d22)

Reference:
http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=321763
http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=324299

Enjoy:)

pershoot.

^^ Thats the post that started it all. This BIOS is incredible at high FSB. No performance loss nada. It gave me an additional 15mhz on the FSB:cool:

No to mention how *MUCH* more stable it is than *ANY* of Tictac's BIOS.....which is a hellova a feat!

Sweetness. Maybe this bios will let me achieve more BH-5 like FSBs. Lol. Need to get my system fully tweaked before I switch though. Now all I need are the balls to Vmod.

so my stock NF7-s v2.0 will be able to get above 200fsb without any problems or higher?

Just ordered my NF7-S today...hope I start with a good one that I can take even furthur with this bios...too bad I could only afford a stick of 512mb 3200 Mushkin basic :(

Holy ****.

Luckily I've still got an unlocked Barton 2500 that hits 2300 on crappy (Aeroflow) air cooling. Time to bust out the NF7-S and have some fun!

I installed this Bios and got to 2706 easy (225 x 12) with 2.0v vcore, 2.9v mem, timings 7-2-2-2.0 on Torin air- haven't primed it yet but I will- and I'm off for 2.8 now.

here's a screenie-

Attachments

• 2706 225x12.jpg
    2706 225x12.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 2,150
got too hot , 49c idle- so I turned it back down to 218x12 2620 @ 1.9v vcore. This bios did seem to make it easier to reach 2700 though.

Those are some very nice overclocks. My NF7-S arrives soon, I still think I'll start with the D23 Sub-zero bios since I'm not looking for any mad OCing right away.

gingo said:
Those are some very nice overclocks. My NF7-S arrives soon, I still think I'll start with the D23 Sub-zero bios since I'm not looking for any mad OCing right away.

^^ That BIOS is waaaay to shaky for my tastes. Almost unusable compared to this BIOS. This set is incredible.... BTW Priming 258 now:beer:

Sentential said:

^^ That BIOS is waaaay to shaky for my tastes. Almost unusable compared to this BIOS. This set is incredible.... BTW Priming 258 now:beer:

hmm, from reading the Sub-Zero thread it seemed pretty good from reading some of the results people got.

But you're the one who has the experience. I just want a stable BIOS with decent OCing abilities(no side effects), I dont need a 250 FSB...

Bad news....the BIOS OC well. But the performance suffers greatly. Its effectivly old FSB -10. Which ironically is what I aproximatally gained :-/

Sentential said:
Bad news....the BIOS OC well. But the performance suffers greatly. Its effectivly old FSB -10. Which ironically is what I aproximatally gained :-/

Are you talking about the Sub-Zero?

Btw, I tried downloading the trats d24 bios and the link doesn't work..

Back