• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just flashed Neo2 Platinum to 1.9b8 bios!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MoPMatrix said:
This bios with its extra ram timing options seems to have resolved my 1:1 problem where my g.skill 4400LE wouldn't run in spec.
I'm using the 1.90 modded my Murdok

On all BIOS’s from 1.36b to 1.8 final since I got my Venice my g.skill couldn't do higher then 265HT 1:1 2.5-3-3-7 1t (It could do 275HT with my Winchester tho)

But with this bios all I had to do was raise my TRRD from 2 to 4 and now it will do 2.5-3-3-7 all the way up to 274HT 1:1 1t with 2.65v.

Does anyone know if changing the TRRD from 2 to 4 will make a large impact on performance?

I am with in 1HT of the ram running what it is rated for, the only thing I don't like is most ppl with this ram can run 280HT and even closer to 300HT with the same timings. Yet I can hardly run in spec. Is this part of the TCCD/Venice problem? or did I just get an unlucky set of sticks?
No matter the voltage or other timings I can’t get them to do 275 1:1 unless they are doing 3-4-4-8, and 3-4-4-8 will take me to 280HT if I relax the TRC to 16 and the TRFC to 24.

My CPU can do 285x10 with only 1.5v that’s why I'm so desperate to get it a little higher :p

This is @ 274HT - Stable

Just goes to show you no two of these boards perform the same. Running 9x300 3X 5:6 (250 Mhz) 2.5-3-3-7-1T and Trrd set to auto in the bios, A64 Tweaker showed that the bios assigned a value of 2 to Trrd. I ran SuperPi 1M at 30 seconds. I then went back to A64 tweaker and set Trrd to 4. Upon running SuperPi again, it failed at loop 14 SQR Not Equal in RND or something like that. Went back to A64 tweaker and returned Trrd to 2. Re-ran SuperPi and again 30 seconds.

Like I said before, trying to tune these NF3 Ultra boards is like trying to level a table with one short leg... :rolleyes:

Hoot

MoPMatrix said:
This bios with its extra ram timing options seems to have resolved my 1:1 problem where my g.skill 4400LE wouldn't run in spec.
I'm using the 1.90 modded my Murdok
I'm using the 1.90 presently. What are the extra ram timings options in the modded version?

rseven said:
I'm using the 1.90 presently. What are the extra ram timings options in the modded version?

Just don't ask me what this accomplishes aside from "loosening" everything up a little.

From the Need For Mhz Web page:

Changelog Rev.1:

- Read Write Queue Bypass = 16x
- Bypass Max = 7x
- Idle Cycle Limit = 256 clks
- Max Async Latency = 8ns
- All hidden options are now available
- Default BIOS settings changed

Changelog Rev.2:

- Based on official v1.90 BIOS
- Made trfc 18 clks default setting
- twr = 3 clks
- fixed trwt = 2clks

The mods in Murdok's version are similar.

Hoot

Thanks Hoot. It looks like I need to do some experimenting. At least I can check some of these settings out with the A64 Tweaker.

I've been boning up on ModBin and just flashed back to 1.80 modded for 1T operation. I'm back to running 10x300 @ 1.64V 3X 5:6 (250 Mhz) 2-3-3-6-1T @ 2.95V. Neither that CPU speed nor that memory speed would run stable using any three flavors of 1.90. I'll Prime tonight and see what happens.

Haruuumph!

Hoot

In the 1.90 version im using that was modified by Murdok I have access to the following timings...

The standard:
Tcl
Trcd
Tras
Trp

And then he added options for:
Trc
Trfc
Trrd
Twr
Trwt

Also the entire layout of the bios is all redone, everything’s in different places, and there’s a couple other new things I noticed in some of the other menu's.

I would take some pix but my dad took the digi cam with him on a trip.

Thanks MoPMatrix. It looks like a lot of interesting things are going on with bios options. I won't have time to play with this stuff till Monday, but I am looking forward to it. I would love to be able to run my ram at 1:1.

MoPMatrix said:
In the 1.90 version im using that was modified by Murdok I have access to the following timings...

The standard:
Tcl
Trcd
Tras
Trp

And then he added options for:
Trc
Trfc
Trrd
Twr
Trwt

Also the entire layout of the bios is all redone, everything’s in different places, and there’s a couple other new things I noticed in some of the other menu's.

I would take some pix but my dad took the digi cam with him on a trip.

That's the lite version right?

His 190Temp was the first version of 190 I tried, then plain vanilla 190 and lastly NFM's 190. Though I don't know why, with the hardware in my setup, even trying different TCCD sticks, I could not gain any additional performance over 180 modded for 1T. By performance, I don't mean running my memory faster at retarded timings unless that gained me faster times in benchmarks. Now, if the alleged 183 (11/12) divider was available, I'd probably be able to do something with 190.

Until something better comes along, it's back to 1.80

Hoot

Hoot said:
That's the lite version right?

His 190Temp was the first version of 190 I tried, then plain vanilla 190 and lastly NFM's 190. Though I don't know why, with the hardware in my setup, even trying different TCCD sticks, I could not gain any additional performance over 180 modded for 1T. By performance, I don't mean running my memory faster at retarded timings unless that gained me faster times in benchmarks. Now, if the alleged 183 (11/12) divider was available, I'd probably be able to do something with 190.

Until something better comes along, it's back to 1.80

Hoot

I dunno what mod version it is but its the one u linked to in this post.

Is there others? If so it would be go if u could tell me where u downloaded them so I could put them into my BIOS archive

Sniper.nkc said:
I flashed to 1.90. I didn't gain anything in 1:1. I am still at 230 @ 2-2-2-5-1T.

You did better than me with the tight timing approach. Holding the line at 2.95V, since I'm running TCCD sticks, though I could go higher, I couldn't get stable above 210 or so.

Hoot

MoPMatrix said:
I dunno what mod version it is but its the one u linked to in this post.

Is there others? If so it would be go if u could tell me where u downloaded them so I could put them into my BIOS archive

Murdok, from the German MSI forums provided three versions. The "Mod" one you have and:

A Lite version that only has the enhanced memory settings enabled

A Temp version that has the Mods plus the temperature monitoring functions are disabled. That corrects a problem a few users encountered where when trying to enter the bios setup screen, their system would lock up to a black screen with a flashing cursor.

Hoot

Hoot said:
You did better than me with the tight timing approach. Holding the line at 2.95V, since I'm running TCCD sticks, though I could go higher, I couldn't get stable above 210 or so.

Hoot

Thanks Hoot. BTW, I am starting to like 1.90. I am currently @ 270 X 10 with 2-2-2-5-2T, using the 166 Mhz divider and it passed my benchmarks.

The only problem I have discovered is my game will freeze a little then return to normal. I have disable all settings that I can find on this problem and still it is there. I will keep looking in bios.

Last edited:
Hopefully my replacement bios chip comes in tomorrow and I can try out the 1.9 bios! It's been ****ty having to be on the sidelines with my athlon xp/nf2 setup.

Yoshpop said:
Hopefully my replacement bios chip comes in tomorrow and I can try out the 1.9 bios! It's been ****ty having to be on the sidelines with my athlon xp/nf2 setup.
lol, funny yo mention that. my rig died the other day, i'm just waiting for a new HD. and like you i'm stuck with my NF2 computer too....

Burnt_Ram said:
lol, funny yo mention that. my rig died the other day, i'm just waiting for a new HD. and like you i'm stuck with my NF2 computer too....
That's very funny because I'm waiting for my board to come in the mail and I'm also on an NF2 system right now! :)

Well, I had a chance tonight to try those new bios ram settings ala the A64 tweaker. I'm sorry to say that they made no difference in my ability to go higher than 9x276 at 1:1. Needless to say, I will stick with my current set up.

Hoot, I read about your puppy's chow over at extreme. I hope he's feeling better.

rseven said:
Well, I had a chance tonight to try those new bios ram settings ala the A64 tweaker. I'm sorry to say that they made no difference in my ability to go higher than 9x276 at 1:1. Needless to say, I will stick with my current set up.

Hoot, I read about your puppy's chow over at extreme. I hope he's feeling better.

You tried the settings that were in my a64 tweaker screen shot?
Were ur original settings more relaxed mine or tighter?

I'm trying to find out if those are decent settings or if I the only reason I can do 274 1:1 is cuz those timings are looser then average.

Back