• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Last edited:
I have a PNY 240gb (same model)
and it screams in Windows 8.1 I press the power button and Bam windows start
I see no performance issues on that drive I have had for maybe a month or 2
and when copying from my 5400RPM usb 3.0 hdd I get ~100-120mbps write from HDD to SSD and get about the same on my corsair USB 3.0

its not a bad drive for $90

I think he meant that it wasn't good. You probably saved yourself a headache. Just grab a used EVO. Unless someone's doing heavy I/O, all the used SSDs are gonna be basically like new. If you're on a budget, it's a good way to save a little.

And actually, my former boss just posted this on FB. The first drive to fail did so after 700TB (yes, with a T) of data stress testing. You're not going to see that in a standard desktop.

Hmm there's a video card I want on that sale.

Quick question. Should I cross fire s pair of 7870s or save 250 bucks and get something new?

I get the feeling 2 7870s are going to be more powerful than any thing I could get for 250 bucks but I have been out of the video card loop for a while

If you don't mind buying a used mining card off eBay 250 is about where 290s become an option. I would just aim for a brand that does serial number based warranty like msi or Asus.

i'm not too keen on used components on ebay, especially something used for $250. I was thinking new.

now that I am able to check for new $250 ish (really want to only spend $200 but max at $250) I can get a GeForce 760 BUT, its only marginally faster than a single 7870.
with the 10% off theres a 7870 for about $135 from powercolor and then theres another $30 MIR so if the MIR works like it should then it could be about a hundred bucks

that seems like a decent price to $$$ amount considering I already have one 7870.

hows powercolor any more? last card I bought from them was a Geforce 2 GTS/Pro with 64 Megs of DDR, it was a solid card then, would probably still work if I had a system to run it in still

Unicycle!

Be the coolest guy on the block with your unicycle, mini trampoline, and gyrocopter. All the ladies love it, and they even got rings for the engagement, luggage for the honeymoon, and car seats and strollers for...9 months later. *Put innuendo about taking it from a geek here I'm to afraid to make because it's supposed to be a PG-13 forum*

Back