• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your Wire-Managed Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just a quick question...do you guys use extensions for the CPU power on the motherboard? I'm about to upgrade in a few days or weeks and I looked at my system today and I'm not entirely sure that it would reach if i routed it from the bottom and came through the top corner of my case.

I have an Antec 902 (I hate it so much after seeing all of the HAF builds on these boards) and the motherboard I'm looking at getting is the GA-X58A-UD3R. With my current p35 board it is impossible to do without an extension as the CPU power is near the south bridge, right above my first PCI-E slot (fail) just wondering if I'm going to be able to do it when I upgrade.

Thanks for any help, and nice setups and install work everyone

I have the:
1. Antec 1200 with a Corsair 750 PS and did not need the extension (Seen above.)
2. I also have the HAF 932 that I just got today and it comes with an extension and I did need it with my Cooler Master GX 750 PS.
3. I also have the Azza Solano 1000R with the Corsair 750 PS and did not need the extension.

Azza.
cody1.jpg

Haven't taken pics of the HAF 932 yet. will try to post some tomorrow.
The Antec 1200 does have the power to mb cables at their max 1/4" shorter and I would have had to got an extension for it to work.

Last edited:
I have the:
1. Antec 1200 with a Corsair 750 PS and did not need the extension
2. I also have the HAF 932 that I just got today and it comes with an extension and I did need it with my Cooler Master GX 750 PS.
3. I also have the Azza Solano 1000R with the Corsair 750 PS and did not need the extension.

Thanks for the quick response, I wonder if my PSU just has short cables? I haven't upgraded in a little over two years

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341002

Maybe I can't re-purpose it :-/

I got tired of looking at this when I looked over at my GF's brother's PC, his desk is across the room from mine:

345ykjc.jpg

So I tried my best, I really have no idea how to get rid of the front audio cable, I wish he didn't use it so I could just tuck the ugly thing away :( :

11u9qpj.jpg

He'd have a much better rig if he upgraded his video card, he reused the one he had in his last rig.

Antec 902
Intel i5
MSI p55 GD45
4GB G.Skill Ripjaw
Corsair HX750
1x OCZ Vertex 20GB
1x Hitachi 300GB

Here is my setup...

Oh and yeah I know its a little dusty in there.:) They were just a couple quick pics when I installed the Noctua. Hopefully I'll have some more pics after I paint the inside of the case black in a few days/week.

332.JPG

333.JPG

I got tired of looking at this when I looked over at my GF's brother's PC, his desk is across the room from mine:

345ykjc.jpg

So I tried my best, I really have no idea how to get rid of the front audio cable, I wish he didn't use it so I could just tuck the ugly thing away :( :

11u9qpj.jpg

He'd have a much better rig if he upgraded his video card, he reused the one he had in his last rig.

Antec 902
Intel i5
MSI p55 GD45
4GB G.Skill Ripjaw
Corsair HX750
1x OCZ Vertex 20GB
1x Hitachi 300GB

Front panel audio cable could run along the groove in the top of the case, and then under the mobo. Should be long enough to. That's what i did in my 900 :)

Front panel audio cable could run along the groove in the top of the case, and then under the mobo. Should be long enough to. That's what i did in my 900 :)

I thought about doing that, but it didn't look like it was possible, that thing seems soooo short! I'll definitely try it now though since you said yours reached, thanks!

Pull the motherboard and hide the front panel crap as well as the chassis fan cables under the motherboard.

Kinda like this:

DSCN1053.jpg

That is in a 300 though. Great little case. :thup:

Final product here:

101_0002-1.jpg

It's my sister's computer. Athlon II 240, Gigabyte UD4H (I think), 4gb Gskill 1066, HD 4850, Corsair 650TX, Seagate 750. And the rest is pretty unimportant.

It does look like duct tape. Recently I have fallen in love with Gaffer tape for this sort of thing though :).

Gaffers tape, I love it also. I use it to rebuild my 4x5 negative carriers for LF photography. It can be a bit of a pain to find and can be expensive.

Anit-matter vs. Matter. Lmao. Yes. It's totally safe. I don't know about electrical conductance, but who would put it on open circuits?

My Setup

This case has seen many system configurations.... Had it since 02 with no need to upgrade it until now..... Unfortunately I'm clueless with the name of this case since it has no name. It does however look like the first Area 51 cases used way back in the day. Picked it up for like $40 while stationed in South Korea. Best $40 I ever spent!!! ..... This is my current setup. Time to retire this case.....
:salute:

GT240SetupAugust20103.jpg
P8040047.jpg
P8040049.jpg

Old 8600 GT installed with Zalman VGA cooler....

8600GTSetupAug20102.png
DSCF0494.jpg

Last edited:
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side, and together they hold the universe together. Yes.

Anit-matter vs. Matter. Lmao. Yes. It's totally safe. I don't know about electrical conductance, but who would put it on open circuits?

LOL, thanks for the info, gonna try the tape-under-the-motherboard method on my new build in a week or so :sn:

This case has seen many system configurations.... Had it since 02 with no need to upgrade it until now..... Unfortunately I'm clueless with the name of this case since it has no name. It does however look like the first Area 51 cases used way back in the day. Picked it up for like $40 while stationed in South Korea. Best $40 I ever spent!!! ..... This is my current setup. Time to retired this case.....
:salute:

Very clean install man! I just ordered a few of those UV Blue SATA cables, nice to see how they look inside of a case vs. laid out for the website's pics.

Very clean install man! I just ordered a few of those UV Blue SATA cables, nice to see how they look inside of a case vs. laid out for the website's pics.

Yup, I need to pick up some more of them! I love the way they clip on and lock in!

Gigabyte boards come with lock-in sata cables. But I do like the blue. ;) As for the rig, very clean. Is... that the dreaded... Big water? :p

Back