• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K8N Neo2 Owners Post your rig and settings!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome to the Forum, Oldwolf.

The 1B official bios is known to be problematic. Yes, I would definately try the Sideeffects version. They do not offer more vcore but the extra dividers do work. I agree that it sounds as if the ram is holding you back. The other dividers should work and help you max out your CPU. Don't be intimidated by a bios flash. While there are risks, they are not as great as you my think. Good luck with it and report back. Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome rseven! Bios flashes always make me nervous dunno why as its always gone ok....aagggh shouldn't have said that! Will flash up the 1.C3 or maybe the 1.D and let you know how it goes.....:beer:

Dunno what to say really I'm still in shock...never thought I'd get anywhere near 2.7Ghz! The thing is, I'm sitting here at my laptop watching it race thro 3DMark03 and the thing doesn't even look like its maxed out yet.

I flashed Sideeffects 1.D bios, no dramas there and went straight to the 150 divider, kept same settings as per previous post Booted no problems at 280,285,290,295 and now at 300. All on the 150 divider cos I had the same prob with the 133 as I did before - no post and had to clear the CMOS.

Damn this chip is good! I'm one happy bunny!!!! Thats me maxed out now cos of my crap memory and non working 133 divider. If I get some better RAM I'm sure I could go further. Gonna do some stability tests then drop back to a more sensible level! Cheers!!

Very nice, Oldwolf! I am not sure what's up with the 133 divider, but that is a first rate OC on a Venice. I don't think better ram would net you very much. Just make sure it's good and stable. Enjoy!

help an OC'ing noob...

just finished watercooling my rig. (specs below) and I've been able to get load temps on my CPU down to about 35C. I'm ready to overclock.
I've had a tough time trying to follow some of these guides out there and when i ask for help on other forums, i get one of those "well maybe you shouldn't be overclocking" -type responses.

anyways, with my configuration, is there someone out there who can suggest (step-by-step preferably :eh?:) on what settings to use or where to begin?

I'm assuming this setup is OC friendly no?

MSI Neo2 Plat.
AMD 3500+
2GB (2x1GB) Corsair XMS TWINX2048-3200
Factory specs:
Cas Latency 3
Timing 3-3-3-8
Voltage 2.6V

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=228240

CPU-Z Database (ID : 228240)
Submitted by tRens
Submitted on Sun, 12 Aug 2007 10:29:01 +0200 with CPU-Z 1.40

CPU : AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (*1)
CPU Arch : 1 Cores - 1 Threads
CPU PSN : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+
CPU EXT : MMX (+) 3DNow! (+) SSE SSE2 SSE3 x86-64
CPU Cache : L1 : 64/64 KB - L2 : 1024 KB
Core : San Diego (90 nm) / Revision : SH-E4
CPUID : F.7.1 / Extended : F.27
Freq : 2706.16 MHz (246.01 * 11)
----------------------------------
MB Brand : MSI
MB Model : MS-7025
NB : NVIDIA nForce3 250 rev A1
SB : NVIDIA nForce3 MCP rev A2

BIOS : 1.B Rev2 TCCD Edition by Sideeffect

RAM Size : 2048 MB
RAM Freq : 246 MHz
RAM Type : DDR-SDRAM Dual Channel
RAM Ratio : CPU/11
RAM Timings : 3-3-3-7 1T
Slot 1 : 1024MB (PC3200)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : OCZ Model : OCZ4002048ELDCPE-L
Slot 2 : 1024MB (PC3200)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : OCZ Model : OCZ4002048ELDCPE-L

That is currently solid and the temps only read 49-50c ever on the CPU! Thank the lord I came here I was stuck at 239, uhmm, ya forever. Read about the 1/2 3/4 SATA unlocked/locked. That and the new tweaked bios I was sure to go passed 239. I'm happy with the small improvement. Wonder if I can push it further? I have had it to 260fsb with the memory at 183/200, but prime95 was throwing errors left and right. I had the voltage on the CPU up as high as this mobo would let me. 1.550 +10%... memory is at 2.75v wonder if I could push the memory up and then the FSB to 260.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=228247 <-- this is where Prime95 went nutty but winxp64 will boot and let me post this.

BTW what is the best way to test to see if the CPU is causing the problem and or the Memory?

tRens

Last edited:
Back