• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Celebrating Decades in the OCF Family - 10 and 20 Year Member Badge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It has been a long time.

I was explaining to a coworker that I was water-cooling and overclocking 10 years ago. They didn't belive me cause they didn't think any products were available back then.

Which I think there may have been some. I remember "Overclock-Watercool.com" had some stuffs. But I made my whole setup from a mustang heater core, and parts from the local hardware store.

I wouldn't be surprised if a coolermaster v8 is a better solution.

It has been a long time.

I was explaining to a coworker that I was water-cooling and overclocking 10 years ago. They didn't belive me cause they didn't think any products were available back then.

Which I think there may have been some. I remember "Overclock-Watercool.com" had some stuffs. But I made my whole setup from a mustang heater core, and parts from the local hardware store.

I wouldn't be surprised if a coolermaster v8 is a better solution.
I thing Danger-Den was around back then. DTek, too. Here's a thread about the DTek Spiral from September 2002: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123356
We didn't have special pumps or radiators, though.

I thing Danger-Den was around back then. DTek, too. Here's a thread about the DTek Spiral from September 2002: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123356
We didn't have special pumps or radiators, though.

Nope, it was car heatercores for us! There's an embarrassing college newsletter article about me watercooling and overclocking. Apparently I "invented" watercooling computers. I remember that the bleeding edge folks were using Cathar's blocks, the Whitewater and the later designs. Dual outlet waterblock? Never heard of before that. Fun stuff :)

im proud to be a decennial 4 more moths and your in the club matt/imog!

Ya, congrats and thank you. I'm really looking forward to it. Being 10 years in a specific online community is something I'm pretty proud of for whatever reason. I don't understand exactly why I guess, but it feels like an accomplishment - a milestone I never imagined achieving, and in the best community I've stumbled across anywhere.

I have to say that it is quite inspiring to see so many people who have been around the forums for so long. I think that it really says something about the community as a whole here. Wanting to be a part of a site to help others and learn for a decade is a big deal. I know that I have learned so much being here and I would like to hope that others have learned some from me :)

I think Matt's signature says it all: "We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here."

i was actually around the site as a lurker in the early 2000 year .. in high school we laned and overclocked alot"i was a jock/pc noob then" and i got "TOLD" to come to this site by a real life friend/ highschool nerd that knew much more than me to read the sticky's lol he was probably just sick of my questions most likely.. . And then after about 6 months to a year i signed up for real and kept frequenting. and i ended up being a freaking computer technician as my occupation for the last 10 years imagine that..

I have a Decennial badge now! I think you jumped the gun by about a week, but I'm not complaining. :D

Wow, 9 years (for me) has gone by really quickly, and though my participation dropped dramatically to nothing for a long time, im glad to be a part of this communuty....though i wish there were some way of changing the username i came up with when i was 13 :D

This seams to be the only active forum for all the old folks. Maybe we need a forum called

"old folks overclocking"

Woah, this thread is full of familiar-sounding names..

Is JOT still around?

I check in a couple times a month :)

Life has changed dramatically since my old time as the super-aggressive mod. I just don't have the time for it anymore. I check in once or twice a month though.

My AIM is still running, for anyone who might want to poke me :)

Back