• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New ASRock Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey RT!

I am still running this machine. It is no longer "my" machine, it is the family machine as I got married in Oct of 2010. :D

We use it every day and nobody complains one bit. Still running with 2GB RAM too. Ha!

Hey DS!

Geezus, a thread resurrected from the dead and I often think about it!

My Asrock board got borked. Had a power out and surge and the gentle volt mods OC Hungry did for me shorted out. But it was fun and I've moved on and I certainly owe you all a lot and learned a lot. I have no regrets at all.

Built these two machines and sold the RAM's and Opteron from the Asrock board. Don't be a stranger here! :thup:

Congrats on your new lady too.

RT

Anybody still running this board?

I have one out of three that I originally purchased. I gave the other two away and as far as I know, they are both still running. :attn:

My wife's step dad is still using the machine I built for him with this board and a A64 3200+ Venice. Amazingly it was still running the original installation of Windows XP until a virus rendered the system unbootable a few months ago. It's now running Windows 7 and he'll probably get another few years out of it.

Well, I thought that this board had finally bit the dust. Fortunately, it was dust indeed that caused the video card to crap out. Yes, my 8800GTS 640MB has died. When I took the side cover off the computer the video card was completely blocked with dust. I took the box out to my garage and blew it out with compressed air. Damn, it was full!

The computer now has an nVidia 5200 AGP running in it. Ha!

I randomly found this thread on a Google search...quickly realized it was from like 7 years ago...and now I find out it's still alive. W. T. F.

Just thought I would stop by and update. This machine is still running as a family PC. I had to do the oven trick and bake the 8800GTS and that brought that card back to life.

I know this is a really old thread. This computer is going on 8 years old and is still used just about every day. It doesn't see much gaming action anymore. Ha!

There were some that said that the mobo was too cheap to last. To that I say, "neener neener!" :thup:

Just thought I would stop by and update.

There were some that said that the mobo was too cheap to last. To that I say, "neener neener!" :thup:

Almost every good word of advice coming from a forum is with caveats. None of us have had more than maybe 3 or 4 boards of a particular chipset type. So we have worked with others and have generally read 100's of posts around the net and that is what g00d tips come from. And then for sure YMMV applies. Glad your neener neener is rokken.
RGone...

Well, the old girl finally bit the dust. Not sure what is exactly wrong with it but it will not power on. I am not spending any money on this old tech.

It's been very good to me, but it's time to say goodbye.

Back