• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI 250gb Bate bios - Download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
KnownKiller said:
Now for a question.. heh.. What P/S has 3.3v rail pot adjustment? I'm talkin about a good P/S like a 550WATT or more with that option.. I'm using a Antec TC 550WATT that has pot adjustments but the highest i can get the 3.3 line is 3.4 i believe and it only give me 3.24v acording to the bios.

AKAIK, there isnt a PSU that allows rail adjustment more that 3.4v w/o a mod. the mod is very easy, if you confortable w/ soldering..

EDIT: Foltron 530W+ alow for 3.3vrail adjustmen internally Via a Pot....up to 3.8+v

Last edited:
Does this new BIOS fix the problem where you have to clear CMOS after changing the CPU Throttling option to Disabled? I hate that damned CPU Throttling!

Jess1313 said:
Here you go guys.

New DFI beta 9/12 bios for DFI 250gb UT - by oskar_wu-dfi-street
  • Fixes - when TT dis, no boot.

• Fixes - Temp reading wrong(on some)

Jess1313 beta 9/12 4.0vdimm- by Jess1313-ocforums
  • the same as the above Oskar bios +

• This bios gives opions to go above 4.0vdimm, but you must mod you 3.3vrail to use anything above 3.2v. you 3.3v rail must be .1-.15v above the selected Vdimm.(ie for 3.5 vdimm you would need 3.6-3.65v 3.3rail)

• i have tested this as high as 3.8vdimm(3.9v 3.3vrail). 3.9, and 4.0 work, they just dont increase vdimm anymore, unless you 3.3vrail at 4.0v, or 4.1v :eek:

thanks to oskar for his help :D

Use at your own risk.

-Jess1313-

yup:), i guess ill edit my above post an make that more clear:D

Jess1313 said:
AKAIK, there isnt a PSU that allows rail adjustment more that 3.4v w/o a mod. the mod is very easy, if you confortable w/ soldering..

Ok thanks.. just wondering cause my OCZ 3700EB likes atleast 3.1v.. I probably will be fine once i flash to the newest beta and set it to 3.2v.. that should give me around that 3.1-3.2ish range i need.

Jess1313 said:
yup:), i guess ill edit my above post an make that more clear:D

Woops, sorry man. I didn't realize what TT was. Thanks for the reply though! Got my board in today. I'm at work right now but before I got here I was able to install the board, create the RAID array, and install WinXP Pro onto the RAID without any problems. Some people said they were having issues getting the installer to see the NVidia RAID Arrays at installation. I had no issues. One other question though, is SATA 3 and 4 the Nvidia controller or the other RAID controller?

Tacoman667 said:
Woops, sorry man. I didn't realize what TT was. Thanks for the reply though! Got my board in today. I'm at work right now but before I got here I was able to install the board, create the RAID array, and install WinXP Pro onto the RAID without any problems. Some people said they were having issues getting the installer to see the NVidia RAID Arrays at installation. I had no issues. One other question though, is SATA 3 and 4 the Nvidia controller or the other RAID controller?

they are all the NV controller AKAIK. and the people what problems w/ raid array, are Usin Win2K, which doesnt support NV raid:(

Tacoman667 said:
A couple of people said they were having the issue in WinXP install too. Just a few of them.

oh really, a slipsteam to SP1/2 should fix this.

hey jess! i have my board on preorder and it should be here sometime at the end of this month. i was wondering how do you use winflash to flash to the new bios?

hey jess! i have this mainboard on preorder and it should be here at the end of this month. i need some detailed info on how to use winflash and flash it to the new bios. any info would be great thanks!

The WinFlash utility is on the included CD. Just start it up and if its like the one for my DFI LP U B, then it will check for the newest BIOS, download it, and install it for you.

Tacoman667 said:
The WinFlash utility is on the included CD. Just start it up and if its like the one for my DFI LP U B, then it will check for the newest BIOS, download it, and install it for you.

yeah but im not sure that it wil find these bioses:)

here is a link to download winflash, if for somereason its not on the disk, and there is someinstructions there as well, if you have any questions after that just ask:D

Jess1313 said:

None of the ocz's, forton/sparkle, pcp&c psu's adjust above 3.4v? I guess it isn't a big deal because there is almost no risk involved in modding most psu's if you just have to solder a pot on the sense line.

the PS's you mentioned can be

pot adjusted on the 3.3, i have had my Sparkle 400 up to 3.6 with no ill effects via the internal pot.

just got my DFI and a cheap a64 2800+ up and running with the beta bios, took care of the CPU throttling prob, and the choices for vdimm are nice. my 3.3 rail is @3.5 presently so i can get about 3.35/3.38 vdimm.

running a cool 9x255 w/1gig of BH-5, 1/1, STOCK COOLER that came with the retail chip, 948U on the way, then into the prommie when it is all sorted out properly.

clock on.

baldy :clap:

Last edited:
I am trying out your modded one and so far so good. Too bad I can't figure out all these settings.

As to the PSU question above: Any Fortron or Sparkle will have the pots inside to adjust it as high as you want. My Fortron 530w runs at 3.3 = 3.60 all day with no problems as well as my Sparkle 300w. Just be careful, those pots are VERY sensitive and make sure to test the voltages with the pc on with everything hooked up or else you get the wrong readings.

Back