• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats with the weird point spike?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arlo_

Look at my update history, these are the best updates I've EVER had and some of the rest of you are having the same thing happen...

look here..

I don't understand, maybe a problem at Stanford? :shrug:

Looks like your production went up by 500% in the last 30 hours :eek:. I dont know how that could of happened unless you have some massive borgs that somehow came into your possesion.

That is damn impressive man.

It all depends on the WU mix at the current time. Maybe you got lucky? :D

Stanford fixed a glitch up in the points crediting system. Most missing WUs were credited in the last two updates. More may be on the way.

Same spike happened to me. Has to be a mistake. 3581 points / 11 WUs at midnight, then 2250 points / 5 WUs at 3AM, 1800-1900 of those points are actually mine. Not possible, no borgs. Looks nice but it's not accurate.

What ChaeR posted about a glitch in the points must be true. I know of 1 wu I had processed a couple of weeks ago that wasn't showing in the stats before is now showing. It was a beta wu I had started while at work.

I just put a server on and almost wet myself thinkin the server had possibly just gotten out to return the WU's

??? 08.22, 3am 1,377 4 ??? None of my 4 machines turned these in. The rest of the WUs I've turned in make sense.

Deserve them or not, I'll take 'em. They'll help offset some of my lost production last week while off the WWW most of last week.

As the late Jackie Gleason used to say......."ooof".
Must be a glitch, check the link in Humids post...look at the history versus the dramatic jump since last night.

08.22, 12pm 1,432 4 ???

Wow how long is this recredit going to keep up?

I'm looking at a 5k spike today which should completely cach me up from last week.

8/21/2005 Stats crediting. We have developed a way to efficiently test to see whether a WU has been credited and are running a stats update with this tool. WUs which haven't been credited in the past for some issue will likely be credited in this upcoming pass. We have a long list of WUs from the past which were potentially not credited due to one issue or another. Since many checks must be made during this process (in order to not to double credit), this process is very slow and may take 1-3 days to complete.
This is off the Stanford FAH news page.
So it looks like this could keep up for a couple more days.

Man, this is going to make a welcome messup in everyone's points production stats. Nobody will be albe to tell what their true prodction is for days. I'm already up to 9,000+ points for today. :D

Back