• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is catalyst control center still evil?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

I remember the first few releases were avoided like the plague and I have been keeping that tradition going by using the 5.11 or whatever the last control panel version was, on my fresh install. However oblivion doesn't seem to like them. Are there any drawbacks to using the ccc?

the only thing people might not maybe like it cause it has 3 apps running in the background and its a little slow if you want to acces it if you change stuff often.

BUt i run it and i dont think its bad at all.

It's evil! It uses like 300MB of disk space, not to mention it takes long to load on boot and eats a bunch of resources!

I had it once, and I usually had like 390 MB of PF use on boot. With the CP I had only 300MB. Sure it may not seem like much (for those 2GB guys out there), but when you have 1GB it is important so save as many MB here and there.

I know the newest drivers don't come with CC, but you can still use them without the CC and minimum PF load.

Just download them, and when installing uncheck ¨control center ¨. After the drivers have been installed, download Ati tray tools and you are set (very much like a simple CP).

dan

Back