• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar TForce 550

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the help funnyperson. I set the tref (called something different in my bios) to 127.5, because 105 didn't cut it. Now I've got the ram at 375Mhz, which is closer to stock, but I have my cpu running at 3.0Ghz, which is awesome.

Nice, glad to hear you got the 4GB working.

so no comments on the more recent bios?
do they simply add the higher multis for the black box chips?

I do think that one of the newer bios versions had a fix like that. To be honest with you, once I find a bios that clocks well and is stable, I run with it and don't change unless I have to.

Sorry, no it didn't work. I gave up with the nVidia drivers for the tf550 and Vista. Nothing I tried worked. I literally spent DAYS of reformatting, reinstalling, etc... I tried different things every time and every possible scenario.

The thing that really ****es me off is that I have been running vista x64 for many months on a RAID. I just reinstalled vista x64 today because I just wanted to clean up the system and it wouldn't install on the RAID.

I think maybe if you install it over an xp installation it may work (I can't remember how it worked last time).

I will post as soon as I figure it out (IF I figure it out haha)

Yea, I tried installing over XP, i.e. updating, numerous times to no avail. Good luck to you my friend. If you find a way that works please tell.

Vista x64 on RAID-0

I think I figured out how to install Vistax64 on RAID.

There are two things that you need to make sure of
1-No other harddrives are connected to your motherboard while booting the install disc. (When I had a drive connected, vista wouldn't install on the raid no matter what I tried!)
2-No smudges on your disc!(general rule I know, but this caused me errors when first trying to install)

No additional drivers should be needed.

Just a bump. It seems they won't be able to support Phenom's on these boards. If anyone knows differently, please chime in.

Just a bump. It seems they won't be able to support Phenom's on these boards. If anyone knows differently, please chime in.

Seems like that is the final word, I think it has to do with the 4MB bios chip. Not that we're missing out on much.

Sorry to bring up the 4 sticks of ram issue again, but I can't for the life of me get my 4 x 1gb setup to run at stock. Its seems that 380Mhz is about the max that I can get with 4 sticks, with 2 I can get about 475Mhz. The only reason why this bugs me is because I can get my cpu to run at 320x10, but I would have to drop my memory divider in order to run that. I've tried loosening all the timings, and even bumped the northbridge voltage a bit. Still I can't get the ram to run at stock. So should I just assume that this northbridge chipset BLOWS at running a 4 ram slot configuration, or is there something else that I'm missing?

Have you tried changing TRFC to like 127ns or slower? Remember that the memory controller is in the CPU, not the northbridge. I would still take 3.2 and a lower memory divider, these chips are starved for clock speed, not bandwith.

Yea I actually changed the TRFC to 195ns and even that didn't seem to help. I did loosen the async latency a bit more and it seemed ok at 382Mhz. If I can't get any higher than that I might just drop the divider and tighten the timings.

Well, I found something very interesting. So far I have been unable to run 3100Mhz with the ram at 387Mhz stable. Right now, I'm typing this message at exactly those settings with Orthos running. I increased the Hypertransport voltage from 1.25v to 1.35v. So far, it seems to be stable. I have no idea why the HT voltage would help stability. Any ideas?

For those of you with this board, has anyone replaced the NB chipset cooler? My chipset fan is beginning to make a lot of noise.

Can't figure a good replacement with the pci-e slot right above the nb. Any thoughts and/or suggestions?

Thanks

Any conjecture as to whether the 6500 dual core phenoms will run on the t550se?

Back