• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar TA890FXE cheap and awesome!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I might have had a brain fart...set it to manual...then 1600 ;)

xokeman you are GREAT thank you very much. It worked like a charm.

CPUID2.jpg

Anything I can do to help...by the way, i managed to get those Geils to run at 900mhz on this board! I'm pretty happy about that...though it doesn't make too much difference in real world apps.

Also, not sure if you figured this out yet...but you can turn off that VIA thing on boot by disabling it in BIOS under....uh...hang on...need to reboot, lol...and back

Chipset>onboard periph>vt6633 thingy it's some sort of LAN boot I guess, way annoying. Also, if your not cooling enough, or if your fan is too loud, get in there under the smart fan thing and play around...it's kinda tricky, but you can manage it to get your fan to do whatever you want. I had it set up for a while to where my CPU fan didn't turn on till it hit 38c then it spooled up and hit full speed at 55c. Just play around.

Last edited:
Anything I can do to help...by the way, i managed to get those Geils to run at 900mhz on this board! I'm pretty happy about that...though it doesn't make too much difference in real world apps.

Also, not sure if you figured this out yet...but you can turn off that VIA thing on boot by disabling it in BIOS under....uh...hang on...need to reboot, lol...and back

Chipset>onboard periph>vt6633 thingy it's some sort of LAN boot I guess, way annoying. Also, if your not cooling enough, or if your fan is too loud, get in there under the smart fan thing and play around...it's kinda tricky, but you can manage it to get your fan to do whatever you want. I had it set up for a while to where my CPU fan didn't turn on till it hit 38c then it spooled up and hit full speed at 55c. Just play around.

I am happy with the 800mhz on the ram and the very mild 3.4 overclock on the CPU, I plan on getting another Enzotech CPU cooler and getting rid of this one, the Enzo is giving me 10C cooler temps and the A/S5 hasn't had a chance to set in on it yet.

As for the vt6633 THANK YOU for the info that thing was driving me nuts I turned it off, now I just have to find the same thing in the wife's bios (ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366) and turn it off in hers as well, wait she took that system from me she can deal with it :thup:

Cool,but I still think this mobo is crap compared to a CrossHair IV,Cheap things ain't good,Good things ain't cheap

Last edited:
Complaining the grape is sour when u can't afford a sweet one,what a joke:rock:The bottom line is u just can't compare ordinary normal mobo with a cutting edge Asus Republic Of Gamer mobo,the only mobos that can compare with this are MSI Big Bang range mobo:rock:LOL:rock:Enjoy the grapes,Stick to cheap mobos like Biostar mobos suits u better

I got no issues with Biostar mobos,but I always buy Top range mobos for my pc,I never ever bought any low or mid range mobos to build my pc,Now is that a capital offence??:pics:

Like I said,I got nothing against Biostar mobos,But u have to know that normal Mobo and High end mobos like ROG mobos are totally different class products.U are trying to say normal mobos are same as ROG mobos,then ASUS would have closed down the ROG product line all together if what u said is justifiable:rock:

Like I said,I got nothing against Biostar mobos,But u have to know that normal Mobo and High end mobos like ROG mobos are totally different class products.U are trying to say normal mobos are same as ROG mobos,then ASUS would have closed down the ROG product line all together if what u said is justifiable:rock:

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Please, go work on your sleep mode issue and leave us Biostar idiots to our own devices. :D

Hi Everybody,I am currently using a Crosshair III mobo and AMD Phenom II X4 955,For some unknown reasons,my PC locks up when I put it to sleep or standby despite having replaced my mobo,ram and psu.

It does goes to sleep,only problem it locks up when u try to wake it up:bang head,C1E/S3 are turned on

I tried that,but its a no go,local Asus agent hinted it could be either CPU or PSU mainboard's fault,but since they can only offer to replace my mobo(which I already done twice),I believe its the mobo's Bios issue,I tried upgrading my bios from ver.1403 to ver.1702,but my pc started with no display,unable to boot up to post & bios setup,guess I don't need to mention OS:cry:

I already tried updating/Flashing the bios twice,and the results are the same;my bloody pc can't boot up into post or bios,forget windows:bang head I end up having to strip my pc for a mobo replacement,any bios higher than ver.1403,poof!Complete Black out :cry::cry:

I got no issues with Biostar mobos,but I always buy Top range mobos for my pc,I never ever bought any low or mid range mobos to build my pc,Now is that a capital offence??:pics:

Local Asus agent suggest a downgrade to a lower range Asus mobo but can't upgrade or change mobo manufacturers,but they did suggest I replace my other components -.-

ROG=REPUBLIC OF GAMERS.For starters,the Bios have far more tweaking options like Extreme Tweake,Extreme OV,MEM OK,CPU LEVEL & SUPREME FX X-Fi Audio Card included ROG CONNECT(OC Using a Laptop plugged in)MEM OK,Onboard Start/Reset button & On Board Tweak it for OC on the fly(even when U are playing games).Can You find these functions on a Mid range 890FX mobo,You might want to download a CrossHair IV User Manual to see what are the exact difference:rock::rock:Yes I used most of it

38826_146624002017830_100000106921144_464073_6020186_n.jpg

Last edited:
I used most of the features except mem ok.Are you sure the Biostar 890FXE can support hardware Overclocking on the fly?Extreme tweaker?Are you sure a X-Fi card is included?All this are Asus ROG Exclusive features.

Last edited:
The TA890FXE has all that ^^^ stuff, except for the ROG connect and the sound card daughter.

Thanks ChanceCoats123, but I think this one is a lost cause, lol...as is my thread now. Maybe I shouldn't have named the title "Asus sucks and Biostar rules!"...oh wait, I didn't, lol.

If any mods are bored feel free to remove all this Asus vs. Biostar spam, including mine. My intention was to help people out who might need it with this motherboard, as there isn't a ton of info out there for it.

:shrug:

Oh, Thomas, it's an 890FXE not a 790, but you knew that.

Last edited:
Read again,when did I mention 790?I just want to point out You can never ever compare a mid range with a top of the line mobo like MSI Big Bang or Asus ROG mobo,it won't change anything,ROG users like me & some others know the difference:rock:Are this 2 bios same?????
ASUS=
civf-bios-01.jpg

Biostar=
37913_146634952016735_100000106921144_464155_7883572_n.jpg

Last edited:
What a shame this thread has gone from a useful thread to this. Ya I'm new to this forum and I came here because there is some very good information about this board on here and I got help from the original OP.

I hope the rest of the forum on here doesn't act like theirs is better and need to argue about it. This thread was never that point it was to show the Biostar's abilities not compare it to another.

Xokeman, I deleted my posts to keep clutter out of your thread. Sorry about that man.

You know darn well I'm not talking about you Chance, lol! Your input is useful and based on logical human thought. :thup:

What a shame this thread has gone from a useful thread to this. Ya I'm new to this forum and I came here because there is some very good information about this board on here and I got help from the original OP.

I hope the rest of the forum on here doesn't act like theirs is better and need to argue about it. This thread was never that point it was to show the Biostar's abilities not compare it to another.

They don't, everyone I have dealt with on the forum up to this point has been nothing but mature and helpful, even when we might disagree. This is an anomaly.

/crap

Anyways, how are things running for you today, anything new?

Things are fine today, have to take the son to a fun center for his birthday.

I think I am going to have to replace my 9800gtx+, I am getting artifacting when I boot up. It happens on this and the old MB so its the card, thinking of a MSI 260GTX.

Things are fine today, have to take the son to a fun center for his birthday.

I think I am going to have to replace my 9800gtx+, I am getting artifacting when I boot up. It happens on this and the old MB so its the card, thinking of a MSI 260GTX.

Cool, cool...there are some amazing mid range Nvidia cards right now from around $200... the 460 or something.

Back