• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: January PiFast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well that was sad. :rain: I really lost my AMD touch. For starters, I was immediately reacquainted with the inability to overclock to any decent ram speeds with Deneb. And then I just kept hitting odd issues. If I had XP installed, I probably would have taken first. I got to 24.36s, but I thought I could beat it so I didn't SS. And just now I got tired of failed Pifast tests. I think I'll definitely be staying with Intel from now on. :chair:

Intel 3770K/DICE/5.7GHZ/12.6s
pifast126.png

I did this for fun because I had some DICE let, not sure if I was doing something wrong seemed a bit slow for the speed.

pifast2638.png

I did this for fun because I had some DICE let, not sure if I was doing something wrong seemed a bit slow for the speed.

pifast2638.png

haha, my phenom II 925 owns u @ 4.6 ghz... hahaha! :chair:

PS: you could probably up the NB Freq or even HT link, mayb volts for them too, and get a better score. though i know little about the FX chips.

For cpu-z purposes or you were benching over 6ghz. That might not be too bad of a chip. Are you holding backups of your pifast runs? :chair: 5700 seems a bit low for a 6ghz chip. :p

Really did not seem to matter what speed I was running, The time never really seemed to get any better.
For cpu-z purposes or you were benching over 6ghz. That might not be too bad of a chip. Are you holding backups of your pifast runs? :chair: 5700 seems a bit low for a 6ghz chip. :p

That's kind of odd. Usually, you'll see a bigger difference than you experienced. When I was on DIce, I was closer to 12 flat because I was running a tad bit over 6ghz. :shrug:

I put my 955be in my old system, on a stock cooler to see if it could take down Dtrunk. Not happening on stock cooling, 4.3 is all it had at 58c which gave me 26.+. I'm going to try and get an aftermarket HS and see if I can get it higher, I know it can do more. :)

Back