• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX or eVGA gtx 260??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iliya

Im really glad now that I have a job and can kind of splash out on a new graphics card, but I was wandering which GTX 260 should I go for?? ive currently got a XFX geforce 7900, which has served me well, and the XFX GTX 260 seems slightly cheaper, which one should I go for???

Well, eVga has their trade up program, while XFX has a better warranty, even if you break it by OCing.

I prefer XFX myself.

:welcome: to the forums.

And I prefer EVGA :p

It varies person to person, EVGA's warranty is still excellent (lifetime on my cards).
Also, if the GT200b core comes out you can have the option of "stepping up" to them for a small cost. Make sure you pick the one with the extra shader group unlocked ( 216 cores) as that has been released now.

..i'll tell you wat bro...i have a EVGA gtx 260 on the way to my house as we speak...i'll trade you the evga gtx 260 new in box for a xfx gtx 260 new in box or anyone else who would want to do the trade...i like the xfx cuz it matches my case, or else i'd prolly stick with the evga...

I prefer XFX for their warranty, not only can you have it replaced for OC'ing, but you can put a waterblock on it and they'll still accept it. Another good thing about it is that the warranty can be passed on, which increases it's value if you decide to sell it to someone.

Back