• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a Creative GF DDR, what's the best clockfrequency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Creno

Registered
What's the best Clockfrequency without damaging the card? And what about the clockfrequency memory?

What is the exact model, a Geforce or geforce 2, MX, Pro, Ultra ?..

they all matter as their clock frequncies are different for each model.

The regular geforce I had, though not Creative, was 120mhz GPU, 150 memory

I got 133 and 166 memory overclocked

It's a regular Geforce DDR from Creative. Idd the standard setting are the same here. I'm gonna try 133 and 166 thnx m8... And didn't these settings cause problems?

Creno (Jun 22, 2001 01:49 p.m.):
It's a regular Geforce DDR from Creative. Idd the standard setting are the same here. I'm gonna try 133 and 166 thnx m8... And didn't these settings cause problems?

Oh yeah, and DDR memory should clock higher than mine, mine was SDRam... I bump the mem 2 mhz at a time with a game open... once the image starts artifacting (causing any visual distortion), I back it off a few to be safe and voila! OC'ed vid card.

The GPU can go as high as 150, mine didn't though (got robbed!).

You can never tell until you try, you may get no extra out of it, where as you may get more than 25% it'd differant from card to card

? I have a GF 256 DDR and my default mem clock is 301 MHz I have it at 316 right now but as soon as I get some heat sinks made for it Ill go higher. The ram will actualy run fine at 333MHz but after a few hours of constant playing some times Ill get a glitch. My GPU is at 132Mhz for the same reason. It will be water cooled by the end of next week.

I have this same board.......
core 150.......memory344.....artifact free. (96 AGP clock)
If the AGP clock was @66 the memory would be able to clock higher by about +10mhz.

I used a utility from:

It's a dos based program that runs a stability test on the vidRAM.......works great ...no guesswork.

140\340 should be a safe speed to shoot for,mines been there for a year now, it will go a little higher but I like it stable.

Back