• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CRYSIS SUCKS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Red_LightRanger

Ok now that i got your attention.

Well I was so focused on the graphics forever in this game that I completely forgot to admire the dang storyline and gameplay. Before today I would have said to anyone crysis sucks...dont buy unless you want to upgrade your machine...That is until I finally just said hell with the graphics and played on medium settings (which still looks pretty good and I get decent fps). So I played past the first mission... and second... and third.. until I had been playing for far too long. The story and gameplay kick so much *** that I even forgot about trying to get my rig to run the highest settings. I made myself stop at the tank mission so I wouldnt finish the game in one night lol.

I still have some harsh feelings towards this game because I cant run it all maxed out, but I do feel that it is still an awesome game and that graphics alone shouldnt deter anyone from buying it. :soda:

Last edited:
bryan- so far I'd say the story line is better than farcry.

Xilix- look around the rooms in that building you are in, youll find what you need

bryan- so far I'd say the story line is better than farcry.

Xilix- look around the rooms in that building you are in, youll find what you need

Alrighty, gonna look now.

Edit: Ahhhhh! Thanks man! I thought I would need those! :beer:

So it doesn't suck? I'm confused.

I hate it when people put stupid titles to "get your attention," as if the content of the post doesn't warrant attention.

So it doesn't suck? I'm confused.

I hate it when people put stupid titles to "get your attention," as if the content of the post doesn't warrant attention.

well if you would have read closer...maybe you would have seen its not just a "gimme your attention". It was more of a first thought of crysis until I actually gave it a chance.

its an overhyped fps,, woohoo

That's what i thought also but it is a very good game,the hype got way out of control. Anytime game x says it will run better with this and x amount of people go out any buy Quad cpu's and 8800 ultra sli set ups then the hype is just out of hand. I played the demo and had a blast.

Ok, I understand what your post meant now. Nice ninja edit.

well if you would have read closer...maybe you would have seen its not just a "gimme your attention". It was more of a first thought of crysis until I actually gave it a chance.

No, it was more of a ploy to lure people. You even admitted it in the first sentence. :rolleyes:
CRYSIS SUCKS!

It's not the best, but I think it has a pretty good storyline and SP gameplay. I was even able to run it fine on my current outdated AMD 3800+/6800GS system, although it did auto-config for all low settings. Demo ran great on my new build, but thats already torn back down for modding after initial testing ;).

I've been playing it on the hardest mode from the beginning, and I will agree that in some situations, the AI is horrible, while in others it works just fine. I breezed through most of it, but now I'm stuck at the first major area inside the "complex", after you go through the caves in the quarry area.

Well I was so focused on the graphics forever in this game that I completely forgot to admire the dang storyline and gameplay. Before today I would have said to anyone crysis sucks...dont buy unless you want to upgrade your machine...That is until I finally just said hell with the graphics and played on medium settings (which still looks pretty good and I get decent fps). So I played past the first mission... and second... and third.. until I had been playing for far too long. The story and gameplay kick so much *** that I even forgot about trying to get my rig to run the highest settings. I made myself stop at the tank mission so I wouldnt finish the game in one night lol.

I still have some harsh feelings towards this game because I cant run it all maxed out, but I do feel that it is still an awesome game and that graphics alone shouldnt deter anyone from buying it. :soda:

Told ya so. :beer:

I was looking at meatcritic and can't believe those 1up ******** gave it an 80. Everybody else is giving it 90-100.

How do you get past the two tanks in the village? I'm so stuck.

Dude there are at least 5 rocket launcer laying around in the different buildings in village. That is 15 rocksts. It takes 3 per tank. There are also nades everywhere which work but it takes 8 or 10 to take out a tank.

There is also a ton of sniper ammo in that level so I suggest stocking up on sniper ammo and rockets before moving on.

I kinda like the game play and story. It is really fun and pretty realistic.

Ok, I understand what your post meant now. Nice ninja edit.

No, it was more of a ploy to lure people. You even admitted it in the first sentence. :rolleyes:

ok, lmao. IM basically trying to say that i hated crysis and now i friggen love it. The great thing about this site is that you dont have to post in every category to stay a member, so if all you can focus on is the title on the thread, than maybe you can start a thread that talks about how much you dont like titles. There has been a lot of discussion about crysis and I have been involved in a lot of it. This thread is about crysis not the thread title. :) GET OVER IT

just drive past them :) or use your cloak :)

yeah it sucks haha i only paid for the content so i can make my own maps :)

Uhh I believe those are part of your mission objectives. If you don't destroy them, Psycho can't evac with the hostage. Besides there are multiple rocket launchers in the level that you can use to easily destroy them with 3 quick aimed shots.

Ya hes right. U need to kill them tanks

Alien I just got to the point where the mountain starts to crumble (like in the screenshot you took). Cant wait to get off work and hit the next level

Back