• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there any real difference among these??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It doesn't matter how many rails it has, I would actually want less so that you can't overload one rail...

The next sentence explained why I mentioned the 6 rails. It has nothing to do with the ability of the 6 rails, it's hiding the 6 +12v rails, 4x 6pin PCIE, and 2x 8pin PCIE connectors. I don't care how big your case is, that's a LOT OF WIRES to hide. If he needed 1000W then it's a great price but if he doesn't, a cheaper, fewer wires PSU would be just as good and easier.

Axis

The next sentence explained why I mentioned the 6 rails. It has nothing to do with the ability of the 6 rails, it's hiding the 6 +12v rails, 4x 6pin PCIE, and 2x 8pin PCIE connectors. I don't care how big your case is, that's a LOT OF WIRES to hide. If he needed 1000W then it's a great price but if he doesn't, a cheaper, fewer wires PSU would be just as good and easier.

Axis
I'm sorry, that was my fault, I read it a little too fast :beer:

I'm not worried too much about the wires to hide, one way or another I'll find a way and it will give me stuff to do when I'm bored and have nothing else to do. My primary concern is that I have the connectors and all that for anything I'd want to do and don't run into a problem like that. Either way the case is still $260, and at $120 for a 1000W PSU I can deal with extra wires if it means having that extra room for adding parts.

woah, thid, did you cut that wire channel in the mobo tray? My 830 doesn't have it.
Nope, that is stock. I have the Evolution version. :)

I honestly can't find anything to mod in this case, it is that good :beer:

huh, I didn't know the evo had one.

I also regret getting the silver BTW. Every other case I've ever owned was black, figured I'd try something new. I liked ti for about 4 months, then I wished I had gotten black.

Oh well. I've had the thing for a year now.

Well it looks like the Stacker 830 Evolution in Black has won the vote for the case I will be selecting and the PSU will be the Corsair 1000HX 1,000 Watt Modular PSU. Got a great review from Jonny Guru and it has an on/off switch plus the Modular cables. Should help make it a cleaner install... at a higher price... but I think I'll be MORE than happy with it. Now off to bed so I can earn more money bright and early to pay for even more stuff!

Back