• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official: What Have I Killed Benching Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was joking of course ;) A correct repair would cost more than 20 of those sticks are worth :beer:

When chips don't behave, I teach them a lesson

celerongm2.jpg

I got a Chinese SKS not too long ago for $100, with a huge bag of ammo and a 30 round clip thrown in. It was in pretty bad condition when I bought it, but I took it apart and cleaned it the other day, and figured I'd do some test firing on this dead Celeron. How did it die? It's a Prescott I was trying to make clock like a Cedar Mill :D

This is at around 100yds, it's way low and a little to the left, so this is the 6th and 7th shots. The one good thing about not being in any city limits anymore :beer:

Whoa, sweet deal on the SKS! That's what I should have done with my Q6600 ;)

celerongm2.jpg

I got a Chinese SKS not too long ago for $100, with a huge bag of ammo and a 30 round clip thrown in. It was in pretty bad condition when I bought it, but I took it apart and cleaned it the other day, and figured I'd do some test firing on this dead Celeron. How did it die? It's a Prescott I was trying to make clock like a Cedar Mill :D

This is at around 100yds, it's way low and a little to the left, so this is the 6th and 7th shots. The one good thing about not being in any city limits anymore :beer:

Awesome...there is atleast one thing I miss not being in the good ole USA... guns!!!

celerongm2.jpg

You've got to love a nice rifle. The only thing I'd want more than the SKS is an AK-47.:drool:

SKS...is that 7.62mm? Sweet. I didn't know rifles were that cheap. Even the Chinese made AKs are not that cheap...:)

Yep, 7.62mm sexiness. I got a good deal on it because it's beat to ****. I was going to strip the stock down and refinish it, but it's so beaten up I'm just going to order a new one. Luckily all the internals are pristine after I got all the crud cleaned out :p

Heya guys long time no speak! :)

Ive been around, just lurking and busy.

Chaulk up another set of Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500 for me.

This will be the 2nd RMA and 3rd set! They werent even overclocked, overvolted or pushed in any way. They were in a 24/7 rig at 2.15Vdimm, stock timings 5-5-5-15, and 1000 (or 1066 I cant recall) mhz ever since I got them back from RMA about 1 year (or so) ago.

Im starting to get way sour on CBs considering just how often the lil SOBs die.

Off to the F/S forum for some cheap generic DDR2 I think!

Hey Russ,

Blown some Ballistix eh, I think I'm the only guy ever to not do that. Good luck in the ram hunt.

O.k guys, seems like I have the WORST luck with magnetic drives. I killed the remaining two today. One gets HOT and the other one just sits there and clicks. I was trying to compare Pi times between XP and 7... :-/

Is it just me or does anybody else feel that the SATA connectors are the worst possible flimsy POS design that one could come up with. I always seem to break the plastic shroud that is glued to the pins. :shrug:

They do seem to get screwed up fairly easy, the SATA cables I got with a BadAxe awhile back were the only decent one's I ever seen.

O.k guys, seems like I have the WORST luck with magnetic drives. I killed the remaining two today. One gets HOT and the other one just sits there and clicks. I was trying to compare Pi times between XP and 7... :-/

Is it just me or does anybody else feel that the SATA connectors are the worst possible flimsy POS design that one could come up with. I always seem to break the plastic shroud that is glued to the pins. :shrug:

I have a hard drive that that happened too, it only works half the time now.

I've been needing to buy some new HDDs and move everything off of it before it flat out dies but.... meh. :(

They do seem to get screwed up fairly easy, the SATA cables I got with a BadAxe awhile back were the only decent one's I ever seen.

Man I've been using my ones that I've gotten from the past few years.

Abit, Asus, DFI and EVGA boards. They all work very well and never had an issue with them even on some creative bends.

F-it man...next month I'll probably bite the bullet and go for another X25-M.
I am d o n e done done done with Magnetic crap. Thankfully, I backed up my thesis+data on a flash drive and on multiple machines at school. :bang head

Too much draw on my Classified's fan headers...now the board will only power on and show "FF" post code. RIP

I'm with you there, I've got a stack of dead hard drives. :-/ Actually just about all I've ever owned are dead, only one magnetic drive is alive. :p

Those are really nice indeed.
Too much draw on my Classified's fan headers...now the board will only power on and show "FF" post code. RIP
:(

Dang! Now is that a board design problem or does it happen often with any board (i.e short fan headers and board dies?) ?

I don't know...I PM'ed Peter (Shamino) last night to ask if he knows anything...but I haven't heard anything back yet...I'll let you know :)

Updated my list.

Asus X48 Rampage Extreme Motherboard and Intel E8600 CPU - RIP :cry:

When a weekend that should have been good, turns soo bad :bang head

Last edited:
Back