• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DotNetNuke user integration...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YellowDart

Any of you .NET guys have any experience with DNN user integration. More specifically, I'm looking at writing a custom module for a client. It's a non-profit organization that wants a tributes section. The tributes will be publicly accessible. They'll be created by registered users of the website, but they'll need to be approved by an admin before they're made public.

I have a lot of the back-end stuff going. I'm actually working on unit testing my data model and entity classes this weekend. As I'm looking ahead a little bit, I just need to make sure I'm good to go on getting hooks into the user who submitted the tribute. I've got a guid field on my tribute class (and comments class) that I've associated with the asp_net_user table, but I haven't really read much that indicates where in their API I can pass this guid to to get an instance of the user.

Anyway, I thought I might try here first as the DNN forums aren't super helpful, and I know we've got some pretty sharp guys hanging out here. ;)

I'll keep looking in the mean time. Thanks in advance.

Please! Not all at once. :)

I suppose that's a "no".

Anyway, I did figure that issue out. DNN user integration is actually pretty easy. In my scenario, I've just got my custom table with a user_id (int) column defined and a foreign key relationship set up with the DNN Users table's UserID column.

In the DNN API, a module has a property that captures the current user's information called "UserInfo", which is an instance of the UserInfo class.

In my implementation, I'll just pass that through to my data model and be all set.

Just need to do a bit of reading up on file associations. DNN seems to store physical files on the server's file system, and keep a corresponding record in their database (think it uses the associated file path). That should be entertaining. :p

Back