• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Live Benching - Get Your Session on the Front Page!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sweet, thanks for the heads up - we'll put a mention on the frontpage and I'll try to get something up in the forums also once you are live. :salute:

Thanks man. Should be going live in an hour or so. Any time that one of you guys see this is fine if you want to put it up. Still have to do quite a few things before I can start benching

Question... does anyone want to see non DI/LN2 benching done? Not that I am doing it (now) but would this be an appropriate stage for that?

Looking forward to some word day entertainment moo... GL! :)

moocow, trying to get something together, I'm not currently able to and I should have gotten this ready last night - but I fell asleep early.

Question... does anyone want to see non DI/LN2 benching done? Not that I am doing it (now) but would this be an appropriate stage for that?

Looking forward to some word day entertainment moo... GL! :)

I would be interested, and we've never done non-cold livestreaming but I think it would be equally interesting - the best part of the cold benching is the discussion and learning part, which should still be there with non-cold.

I streamed water benching once, the day I got the 655K. Didn't announce it anywhere but in the forum. A few people showed up and saw my not-so-great skillz in action. :)

I've watched quite a bit of kow benching on air ED, when you get down to it benching is benching, really.

Word. OK. I will do it soon for the hell of it. I'll give exact[/italics] info when I have it.

I can hear my 470 begging for more now that she is under water...:p

Sweet, looking forward to it - been a while since we've had any live action. Did you end up getting a pot and are you going to try DICE, or what sort of cooling and such are you planning to use? Any focus on certain benchmarks? Or is this new hardware for you and you are just going to stretch its legs and see what it can do?

Sweet, looking forward to it - been a while since we've had any live action. Did you end up getting a pot and are you going to try DICE, or what sort of cooling and such are you planning to use? Any focus on certain benchmarks? Or is this new hardware for you and you are just going to stretch its legs and see what it can do?

Yes sir! Dice it is! I'm all ready to go... I'm trying to get Garo to come down..

Goal is 5.8Ghz to 6ghz. as long as we dont get the CBB..

Brand new hardware.

• MIAHALLEN
  • 890FXA-UD5 || 1090T || 2x2GB Corsair GTX2 || MSI 480 GTX Lightning
  • CPU on LN2 || GPU on H2O
  • Focus on 2D & Gigabyte 3D Contest (Unigine Heaven)
  • http://www.livestream.com/miahallen
  • Starting NLT 10pm EST
  • Finishing when the LN2 runs out, or I kill something :D

Working on the article now...need to figure out how to setup the stage. I know there are instructions here somewhere...

bump. looks like we all forgot about this. if you are planning a new session, try to give us a heads up

I'm pretty sure nobody forgot....we've just had a lot of "private" sessions lately :chair:

I think some people were annoyed with visitors to the session maybe, and thats why they posted the sessions privately?

Actually, I'll sign up for tomorrow night:

Bobnova
Mobo: Asus P5Q Pro
CPU: Celeron 420
GPU: Zotac GTX580
Ram: Crucial Ballastix D9
Cooling: Dice CPU, air GPU
Focus: PCMark05
http://www.livestream.com/novaworks
~6pm pacific till either the dice runs out or I pass out (midnight-1am-ish)

If the celeron turns out to go no higher on dice then air, I'll be running an e5200 for 2d stuff of all sorts, it's only dice run was the second dice run I ever did and I didn't do wp1024 or spi32m, plus I had a terrible mount on the pot. I should be able to step things up a bit.

Sounds good Bob I will be for watching, I need to learn all those Uber tricks you have. ;)

I just ordered a web cam. The dewar and D9 should show up today, about the only thing holding me back now is a pot, once I get that then I will start streaming 775 myself and give you all a good :rofl: at my noob skills.

Sidenote: I have no skills at pc05, it may be a bit torturous to watch! If you can help with tweaks Ill be super excited and probably squee on the stream :chair:

Hard drive and using the proper OS is important, but thats noted in the black book. Overclocking both CPU and GPU is good... I used key combinations to overclock my GPU to the max for the 3D tests, then set it back to stock for the rest of the tests.

My SSD lead to easy points in pcm05, on air. With these AMD chips, no other benchmark gave easy points for me on air.

Back