• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pending credit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norrko

I got a question about the Boinc project...

As I didn't turned in my WU's in time to Boinc, all I got is "Pending" under granted credit... How long will it be pending? All results that I handed over to Boinc after Jan 29'th is either validate error or pending...
Could someone more well-read person explain to me, please.

Boinc's explaination to "validate error" is "The result was reported but could not be validated, typically because the output files were lost on the server."
Hmm?!?!

/Norrko

Usually it takes a couple of days (4-5) before the Boinc servers grants you credit. But recently there have been major problems with the database servers and the validator are days behind !!

I have had very few credits the last 3 or 4 days due to this.

I hope everything will start to function as we are used to as soon as possible
because i'm soon out of WU's to crunch.. Hopefully there will be a significant change with the new database servers that are to be (is ??) installed.

Just crunch on as long as ju have something to crunch... :)

The Wizard

They hope to migrate the Db to a new server monday. So fi all goes well maybe by mid next week, things will return to normal

All results that I handed over to Boinc after Jan 29'th is either validate error or pending...

Yes, it's been annoying lately. But put yourself in the shoes of the admins at Berkeley. I'd be tearing my hair out! I counted at least 130 WU's pending at this point...which is nothing compared to what The Wizard has pending I'm sure :)

By the way Wizard, those dual-Xeon 3.0's [oops, you mentioned those in another thread LOL] should be worth about 31 WU's per day (assuming 24/7), or somewhere around 900 RAC. You are on your way to #1 RAC for Overclockers...you da man!

Norrko said:
I got a question about the Boinc project...

As I didn't turned in my WU's in time to Boinc, all I got is "Pending" under granted credit... How long will it be pending? All results that I handed over to Boinc after Jan 29'th is either validate error or pending...
Could someone more well-read person explain to me, please.

Boinc's explaination to "validate error" is "The result was reported but could not be validated, typically because the output files were lost on the server."
Hmm?!?!

/Norrko

if you get a few results a day like I do then you will get points every day like me.
When I first started my points took about 3-4 days to come through. But once I got going I got tons of points.

Thanks guys for your input... ;)
I'll crunch on as nothing has happened.. I just wondered were my credit had gone...

/Norrko

Wow.... I got a few points like the day after I started... but I havent got any in about 2 or 3 days now... I have like 100+ pending :clap: But hopefully the server transfer will go smoothy and we can get back under way.

Adam

FloridaBear said:
Yes, it's been annoying lately. But put yourself in the shoes of the admins at Berkeley. I'd be tearing my hair out! I counted at least 130 WU's pending at this point...which is nothing compared to what The Wizard has pending I'm sure :)

By the way Wizard, those dual-Xeon 3.0's [oops, you mentioned those in another thread LOL] should be worth about 31 WU's per day (assuming 24/7), or somewhere around 900 RAC. You are on your way to #1 RAC for Overclockers...you da man!

Yepp, have lot's of credit pending... I'm not sure i'm on the way to numero uno but hopefully these new machines will produce nicely for the team and
for myself... :)

The Wizard

Back