• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.0e horrible oc'er it seems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ice is water in frozen state. When the ice between two points changes state from frozen to liquid there is a corresponding dimensional change. When the water freezes again the area created when "molding" (for lack of a better word) the two sides of ice together has a "frictional" effect for a short period of time. This period of time can be seen as a "glue effect" and this is what I am trying to speak of although not well it seems. When one goes through the phase change there is a corresponding (somewhat) change that creates a "glue effect" but for extremely short periods of time and in this time the harmonic resonance is held back to a more smooth wave.

Am I making this clear? It is hard for me to explain deeply in analogy.

R

Ok, let me take a stab at this now...At the point in time when the liquid water phase changes into vapor on a phase change system, there is some friction produced causing the extraction of the silicon. Then when it contracts, the sine wave is tightened?

Then i would assume that since this is occuring almost non stop, that these periods of extraction/retraction are occuring at a phenominal rate....

Also, i bet that you can graph the extraction/retraction event alone as a sine wave itself....thats a shot in the dark on my part, but i could see that happening...perhaps

OOOOOPPPPSSSSSSS....My bad on the double post.

illogical06 said:
Ok, let me take a stab at this now...At the point in time when the liquid water phase changes into vapor on a phase change system, there is some friction produced causing the extraction of the silicon. Then when it contracts, the sine wave is tightened?
Yes, but "friction" is not really the effect and I admit to using the term incorrectly in this event, more like a glue event and can be considerered closer to the effect of two electrons melding together rather than a magnetic connection of which a friction event would be considered.

Regard:
sciencenews said:
Two independent teams of physicists have coaxed molecules into an extraordinary state of ultracold matter previously demonstrated only with atoms.
http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20031122/fob4.asp

illogical06 said:
Then i would assume that since this is occuring almost non stop, that these periods of extraction/retraction are occuring at a phenominal rate....
At the harmonic vibratory effect of the internal nHz ratio.

illogical06 said:
Also, i bet that you can graph the extraction/retraction event alone as a sine wave itself....thats a shot in the dark on my part, but i could see that happening...perhaps
Indeed, as long as the separate events can be isolated from the actuality of the initial sine wave and extrapolated after a series of function and limit is deduced, an individual sine graphing is entirely credible theoretically. Keep in mind that the article is being used to show the model effect, not a creation of new matter in the above effect to which we are speaking. The article speaks of molecular level reactivity and I am speaking regarding an atomic level reactivity.

R

ropey said:
Yes, but "friction" is not really the effect and I admit to using the term incorrectly in this event, more like a glue event and can be considerered closer to the effect of two electrons melding together rather than a magnetic connection of which a friction event would be considered.
Ok, that helped alot but.....i'll explain the but below.

ropey said:
Keep in mind that the article is being used to show the model effect, not a creation of new matter in the above effect to which we are speaking. The article speaks of molecular level reactivity and I am speaking regarding an atomic level reactivity.
R
Ok, matter/energy can be neither created nor destroyed. But i believe i know what you meants anyway. The one thing i really don't get is that your saying that this is all happening at an atomic level, not molecular. I would think that molecular would be a better description because it is water molecules that are contracting/expanding which created the glueing/unglueing effect. Perhaps you were speaking of the Hydrogen and Oxygen atoms tightening up on a atomic level also, and not just the water molecules themselves contracting towards one another?

I can see what you mean by a "glueing effect", because its almost as if there is this imaginary glue force tightening the atoms/molecules together.

Forgive me if i seem slow to understand, i am trying.

Qq

illogical06 said:
Perhaps you were speaking of the Hydrogen and Oxygen atoms tightening up on a atomic level also, and not just the water molecules themselves contracting towards one another?
You're getting there. They are creating the effect. They are not the effect. :) A subsidiary (or subset) of the function in other words.
illogical06 said:
I can see what you mean by a "glueing effect", because its almost as if there is this imaginary glue force tightening the atoms/molecules together.
Firstly it is not almost, it "is". Secondly, the effect is real not imaginary. :)

Here's a shot in the dark...You say tighten the sine wave...well mathematically, your average sine wave occurs in periods of 2pie, so your saying that the contraction/extraction effect of phase change causes a harmonic modulation that in turn shortens the period of the sine wave used in the pipelines of a cpu?

Or does it tighten the amplitude of the sine wave which would therefore give a smaller distance for the data to transfer.

Or even maybe (LMAO), tighten the silicon, therefore spreading the distance between the strands further apart making it harder for the magnetic resonance of each strand to interfere with another.
ropey said:
Firstly it is not almost, it "is". Secondly, the effect is real not imaginary. :)

Ok, i'm wondering what the technical term of this glueing effect is. So this effect occurs with all phase changes of any substance then right? (excluding solids for our purposes).

Let me see if I can uncomplicate this.

Disrupt the normal wave function and you have a trend of the sine wave function towards a reflection which creates an instability. What we are talking about is a method to keep the wave in original state so reflection does not begin. Of course it will occur at some point in time if we continue to increase instability through resonance effect. Keep in mind that the wave will never reach the reflection of the mathematical representation as it is being constrained by periodic filtering. Now if two waves of the same period and magnitude are close together and are highly resonating past the degree of stability then we will have a crossover effect upon waveform reflection which will create instability.

The gluing effect is a quantum force and is reflected in all the forces in nature. It can be measured but reacts differently under different events. It is referred to as "binding" and the reverse reaction is responsible for waveform decay.

Edit: How did we get here from me saying that you had a "fair" overclock? :p
R

Last edited:
Lmao, i'm not sure... on the original note It was my RAM which makes me angry...i dropped the multi to 5:4 and booted @ 4ghz into windows, it crashed in 3dmark01. I MIGHT be able to get it stable @ 3.8ghz but i dont really think the drop in RAM Mhz is worth the gain in FSB. I guess i could do some benches right now...but i dont really feel like it.

Edit: I also need to try just one stick of RAM and see how high it will go and perhaps both sticks w/out dual channel enabled and see what happens.

Double Edit: OK, so we have pipeline X and pipeline Y for example. The sine wave from from X will resonate a reflection of itself, then pass over and disrupt the wave of Y and vice versa.

Indeed, that's as close an approximation of understanding as one needs. :)

You might find that keeping the ram at the tightest settings although lowering the MHz value of overclock does in benchmarks show a more agile and robust system. At least that has been my case. I have also found dual channel to work much better when many applications are open thus with a hyperthread shows more benefit than with a Non HT system and gaming. 3.7GHz with tight ram settings and dual channel would be my choice against 3.85 and loose ram settings in single channel mode both being stable.

R

Well guess what, i switched from dimm 1/3 slots to 2/4 and was able to gain 7 mhz to 252. So far its been 3dmark01 and primestable for 7hrs. But for some reason, when i originally installed my 9800 pro/xt in my system and ran a bench immediatley aferwards, that score is higher then my new score....In fact, when i change back to my original settings when i first got the card..i lose 1200 points. I started a thread in the 3dmark section but i thought it would be worth noting here.

Last edited:
Something is wrong cuz i know ropey already replied to my last post but i seriously cannot see it. This happened to me all yesterday....Anybody else notice this?

BTW, i'm not sure if you know or not but i swithed the dimm slots of the RAM to 2/4 and got 7 more mhz to 252. I ran P95 for 7 hours and it came out all good. I wonder if its the board limiting me?? Well actually i guess these ram sticks crap out between 250-260 alot.....IDK.

Edit:See what i mean? before i posted this i couldnt see anything on page 2!

illogical06 said:
See what i mean? before i posted this i couldnt see anything on page 2!
You have to quit smoking that stuff for a few weeks before the memory starts to re-initialize.
:p

Hahahahhahahahhahaha........ha.
Apparently this site perhaps all goes by the system timer. I changed my system date/timer to the CORRECT time and date and viola, problem solved.

Well, although 252fsb was single prime stable for 7 hours, apparently thats not good enuff cuz my comp crashed during some CSS. I toned it down to 250 but as long as i don't have to drop it i'm satisfied....not too shabby i guess.

Back