• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HTPC overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
now pushing further with 100% load 3.58ghz will post later maybe the peeps will be awake i got more fans just need to dig them out

Looks good so far! :)

I wouldn't even worry about temps on a 250. Even with the stock heatsink those things stay relatively cool.

Have you set the cpuNB voltage at all?

You've still got some voltage left so keep cranking ...! :D

3.58GHz sounds really good for a 250 on stock cooling. If you're only on 1.4v and able to hit 3.5ish I would think you could go maybe 1.45v or more! (but then again you're going for a 24/7 OC, right?) I ran my 7750 on 1.5v 24/7 for a few months and it was rock solid at 3.45GHz, but these are completely different processors. I wonder how well these scale with more voltage?

Have you got the timings manually set and the RAM speed at 667? I'd also kick in a little extra vDIMM at 1.85 - assuming the stock rating is 1.80v @ 800.

I'd set the cpuNB voltage to 1.175 with a speed of 9X (1800) for now. That will put you under 2200, which will increase as you increase the clock. Leave the HT Link at 8X, though ...

played with the nb voltage and ram still no luck. Ill post screens of my bios later tonight. Maybe you guys can help if you see what I am doing. thanks

Back