• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally upgrading video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bossman150

Well 2 years after building my "new" computer and going through a lot of RL stuff including adopting a now 8 year old boy, I finally have a little money to put into my computer. I started building computers back in 1999 and back then or even 10 years later after 2 years there was almost no reason to upgrade after 2 years as everything would be outdated. At least things don't get quite as outdated as fast now.

Anyway, since I have been completely out of the computer world the last 2 years I want to make sure I am making the right choice. I probably should have asked before making the order, but I am a guy lol.

I ordered:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150671

Looks like just in time as they are now out of stock. Instead of going with a 7970 I opted for the 7950 with that great gaming bundle and also ordered a 120gig SSD as well. My CPU(with the OC)/MOBO/memory is still plenty adequate for that GPU correct?

Not bad, its a mid of the run SSD. Congrats on the upgrade :thup:

Yeah I went with a cheap one. I am hoping in a year or so to pass this one to my son a build a new one, so i didn't see a reason to spend a ton on this one.

Back