• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing GPU heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alzerm

I have a Visiontek 7850 2GB. I wanted to know if any of you have taken off the heatsinks on any of Visionteks 7800's? I have a lifetime warranty and don't want to accidentally void it. Anyone know how to go about this or can link me some info?

you're going to void the warranty if you take of the heat sink end of story. but in general all heatsinks come off the same. remove all the screws on the back and lift up on the pcb carefully

How can they tell though? By the type of paste used or are there tags in the way of the screws?

you're going to void the warranty if you take of the heat sink end of story. but in general all heatsinks come off the same. remove all the screws on the back and lift up on the pcb carefully

That's not necessarily true, EVGA will let you use waterblocks and it won't void the warranty.

I'm not sure about Visiontek specifically, but unless you cause any damage to the card they won't be able to tell anyway.

Back