• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CappinCrunk, welcome to the forum. The rig looks nice, though you may want to list what components you have in it, for peoples interest. Good luck with it.

Yeah sorry guys, was just trying to get the pics up ASAP so I can show a friend.

This build still has some work in it. I want to get a couple LED strips that are UV and also I need to find a better solution to securing the top part of the reservoir, maybe a strap or something to keep it upright.

This was a re-build and the only new parts are the water-cooling components, new Samsung 840 EVO that I replaced my Intel 520 180GB SSD RAID 0 with (which is faster and way more reliable) and I just threw in a 650ti day before yesterday as a dedicated PhysX card.

PC parts are:
~~~~~~~~~
Corsair Obsidian 900D
Intel 3930k at 4.8Ghz (max. 66*C)
Sabertooth X79
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM 1866Mhz
2x Nvidia GTX Titan in SLI
Nvidia GTX 650ti, dedicated PhysX
Samsung 840 EVO, rapid mode
Corsair AX1200i PSU
13x Noctua NF-F12 120mm fans
Water-cooling is 100% Koolance, 2 GPU blocks, CPU and 2 quad radiators

Welcome to OCFs! Congrats on your rig. Looks really nice. :thup:

Whats your display setup like? Surround?

Yeah i like the Clean look of that, Welcome to WC Section, great job there.

AJ.

No surround for me. I recently sold a 30" Yamakasi Leonidas 2560x1600 monitor because not only the fact that I can't game at the highest setting on every single title I didn't like the response time. IPS is awesome to look at but for gaming and fast motion the image can get a little blurry until you stop looking around so fast.

So, I decided to get a 120Hz and I went with a 27" BenQ XL2720T, and for sure at 1080 on that size of a screen the pixels are slightly "big" but I'm happier playing at maximum setting and maximum AA, I think it looks a lot better and definitely a lot more clear.

So yeah only 1 monitor for me.

I'm planning on cleaning up the wiring in the basement a little. There's 14 Noctua fans in there and the 13 120mm are all hooked up to a Swiftech PWM fan splitter. You can definitely see a lack of options there in the right side of the one picture if I want them all hooked up to the same splitter, I need to rotate all the fans on the bottom rad 180* so the wire is coming from the bottom (I had a mental lapse when planning that part). There's also a 140mm as a rear intake instead of exhaust to try and maintain positive air pressure but I may switch that around, that fan is just plugged into the mobo.

Maybe I might plug in the 4 ceiling radiator fans into the mobo and then I can hide those fan wires much better.

I want some UV LED strips and a controller for my pump so when I get those I will clean up the case some more.

Ah ok. I was wondering why you had 2 Titans. That's way overkill for 1080p but can see why from your previous resolution. At least you'll push it to 120 FPS.

Back