• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Time Builder ready to order

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

monkey_bacon

This will be my first water cooled build and think I've got everything right and just wanting some other eyes to make sure I havent made some horrible mistake. Ordering the large majority from frozen cpu and the rest from ncix as I'm in canada.

This will be all be in a Enthoo Primo

Frozen CPU Order
gVJFZF6.png

MCP355
CPU Block
Tubing

Just want to confirm that I have one the right fittings and the right amount as well.

I want to take advantage of the cyber monday savings from frozen cpu and will be order everything else from ncix sometime later, but its really just the water cooling stuff Im not 100% sure about.

You have the right amount of fittings if you buy a bridge of some kind for the two gpu blocks. Personally i would aim for the mcp-35x instead of the 355, slightly better performance, and pwm. If you aim for a quiet build, the pump will be the loudest part of your loop, and having it be able to fall back to silent speeds automatically when the pc idles is very nice.

Plus, the mcp 35x has the inlet on top on the factory pump top, so you have a choice of various tube reserviors to choose from instead of that ek one that comes with a new top that voids your pump warranty, you would just use a male to male g1/4 adapter to attach it.

You have the right amount of fittings if you buy a bridge of some kind for the two gpu blocks. Personally i would aim for the mcp-35x instead of the 355, slightly better performance, and pwm. If you aim for a quiet build, the pump will be the loudest part of your loop, and having it be able to fall back to silent speeds automatically when the pc idles is very nice.

Plus, the mcp 35x has the inlet on top on the factory pump top, so you have a choice of various tube reserviors to choose from instead of that ek one that comes with a new top that voids your pump warranty, you would just use a male to male g1/4 adapter to attach it.

^ +1 :thup:

What delta's are you aiming for? Only thing we believe is you will have x2 290x's. Make a signature and if you can't give us a list of your PC hardware that your custom system will be cooling. It looks like you have enough heat surface for 2 GPUs and CPU regardless but I do know those 290x's run toasty like the old fermis.

Is this a silent build and what fans will you be using with those radiators?

Nonetheless this looks like a fun build with that new case. Hope you will make a build log or share with us some pictures of your adventure. Also, hope you have done your homework since its your first time water cooling on what to look for and what not to do while building this loop and the maintenance side of things. Other than that should be fun. Its a hobby as some of us say. Good luck! :salute:

Last edited:
Ok so Im now looking at

MCP655 - I know its 1/2 barb, but I've ready everywhere that I can stretch my 3/8 tubing over it with a little bit of work

EK Resevoir

I dont think I'll ever add a third card and not really sure whether a bridge is easier, or should I just use low profile fittings and a small piece of tube.

Im not quite sure about which bridge would be compatible as both EK's site and frozenCPU arent quite clear.

EK Terminal Block - Looks to be the right thing but if anyone could confirm that would be great.

If not a bridge would these XSPC Low Profile Fittings work?

Im wanting some consistency for the for monsta rad using more of the included Phanteks PH-F140SP fans as they look nice and seem to have good performance.

For the EK 480 rad I'm unsure of what the best fans are for it but I think that these Corsair SP120 would work well.

Im definitely looking for this to be a quiet build and at a later date could still fit another rad or two into this case.

Im pretty sure that this would be all my water cooling components that I need. Hopefully Im right :p

Back