• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bf2 game resolutions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YOO

so i bought this 20" lcd and i played bf2 at 1024x768 so i decided to up the resolution and went up to 1280x1024 and the game still looks like if it was on 1024x768 what gives?

What LCD is it? Some of them (older ones) have a max resolution of that... hm, are you sure its just not playing at that res but the other settings are turned down to allow that.. basically making it look the same?

Just add
Code:
" +szx 1400 +szy 1050
Into your shortcut target.
Minus the " Just don't forget to have a space after the quoted address.

On some LCD's if you don't run them at their native resolution(yours is 1400x1050) the image quality will not look very good. I'll work off what Shell was saying.... Right click on the shortcut to BF2 and paste this into the Target field: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1400 +szy 1050

That will force the game to run at 1400x1050, and it should look much better.

the game actually supports that resolution already....i have mine running at that because when i try to force 1680x1050 it doesnt load up

have you tried to edit the config file for the game? forcing the resolution you want?

my documents/battlefield 2142/profiles/0001 <this number depends on how many soldiers you have on your account... 0000 should be if you only have one soldier i think

take note of what the default is. you can change it save it and try to reload the game.
if it doesnt load up, try different resolutions until it works

have you tried to edit the config file for the game? forcing the resolution you want?

my documents/battlefield 2142/profiles/0001 <this number depends on how many soldiers you have on your account... 0000 should be if you only have one soldier i think

take note of what the default is. you can change it save it and try to reload the game.
if it doesnt load up, try different resolutions until it works

is not 2142 is battlefield 2

dose the monitor have a menu that comes up when you push the buttons on the front? if so check and see if it tells you what resolution your running when your in the game.

Back