• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blueray & HD-DVD Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaTE

I just got a LG GGC-H20L drive, Anydvd 6.3 and PowerDVD Ultra, im using them on the computer in my sig.

now when i put in a Blueray or HD-DVD movie anydvd is able to read the disc info, but powerdvd tell me the drive is empty or open, so do you guys have any idea why this is happening?

the download from cyberlink says 3516 in the name, so im guessing thats the build number and i can't find a build number in the program.

i do have the drive selected in the pull down menu.

also i just reinstall powerdvd and when i activate it, it says deluxe version and it also say that on the program window

powerdvd.gif

is this normal?

try to latest AnyDVD HD 2.3.0. I think they did report some kinda bug/error the PowerDVD report drive empty or tray is open.....

im already using the lastest AnyDVDHD 6.3.0

could this be a problem of windows xp not being able to read the formats? because im able to play DVD movies and view data cds with the drive.

Update: i moved the drive over to my vista test computer and its able read and play blue-ray(haven't tested HD-DVD) movies, so i must have removed something the drive needs when i made my nlite copy of windows xp.

Last edited:
fyi.. i think i read over at avsforums.com that powerDVD ultra 3319a was that last build before they disabled playback of HD content from HDDs. google for it if you want to download that version

Sorry for bringing post back from the dead but I just got this drive and I am facing the same thing. But I have a regular version of XP. It will play regular cds and dvds, but blurays show up in anydvd but they won't show up in My Computer, Media Player, PowerDVD. Unfortunately I don't have another non xp desktop to throw it into.

I just tried to install that driver and it said it won't work on my PC.

There is an easy way to "trick" installation of the Toshiba UDF2.5 driver on non Toshiba PCs, so it may be "safer" to download it from Toshiba support website:

1.) Unpack it.
2.) Start setup.

It will tell you, that you cannot install it on your non-Toshiba PC.
DO NOT CLOSE THIS MESSAGE BOX.

Navigate to your temp directory with explorer. You'll find a directory named like this: {1347D5A6-4FE0-476A-B85F-D0FC91F55EB0}

Enter it. You'll find two files:
thdudf.inf and thdudf.sys

Right click thdudf.inf, select "Install".

Wait a while. Close the Message Box. Reboot.

Klown you are a GENIUS! It finally worked! You have been a huge help the last few days.

Back