• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you get a refund for not using Windows Vista when you buy a new notebook or a PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
Can you get a refund for not using Windows Vista when you buy a new notebook or a PC

By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software. Instead, return it to the retailer for a refund or credit. If you cannot obtain a refund there, contact Microsoft or the Microsoft affiliate serving your country for information about Microsoft's refund policies.

↑ This was not copy-pasted from an official MS End User Agreement but from a site claiming it is in there.

So that's why I'm asking.

yes its true you can get a refund, i've seen news stories before where people who planned to use some other OS where able to get a refund.

yes its true you can get a refund, i've seen news stories before where people who planned to use some other OS where able to get a refund.

From what I've seen, though, you're prolly in for quite a fight if you do that. The best bet is to simply buy the computer from a company that allows you to choose the preinstalled OS (or lack of one, as the case may be).

It's not about me planning to buy.

I'm interested in stories about people who tried so that I know how they tried to do it and what happened.

Back